bay closed???

green head

when is the inner bay closed?

Does this mean we can't even go perching? Or is this just a certain area due to bass spawning?

Simcoe, Ontario

Pinchel, Fish Sanctuaries:No fishing of any kind is permitted in a fish sanctuary.Sanctuary dates are inclusive;all dates including the first and last dates stated are closed,which means from May 15,2012 to June 22,2012 Inclusive.This means that you can not go Perching in this certain area(Sanctuary),to protect the Bass while they are spawning.There is still a lot of water in the Inner Bay to Fish,outside of the Sanctuary.Good Luck on your next outing.

RED FISH

Thanks for clarifying, that's kinda what I figured as I seen an area marked off with buoys a few years back right around mid June.

Simcoe, Ontario

You are Welcome.The Bass Fishing can be Awesome,once the Sanctuary has been opened up again.It is a Win Win situation.;)

RED FISH

I am a novice to fishing the inner bay, so where exactly is the Pinchel Fish Sanctuary? I heard something about a there being a line from Booth Harbour to Old Cut, but does that mean that you can still fish out towards EC10, EC8 or EC6?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks