Bass opener

Magnum 3

Provided we can get out on the bay Saturday ( last I heard east winds and 30 k , but that could change ) , what are the your thoughts with the high water and all the weather we had . Still trolling or stick to bait and slow presentations ? Usually trolling for small mouth , but thinking , bait , jigs and rubber . By the way , will they have minnows for Saturday along the lake shore ?

Water is high and dirty. Slower presentations and bigger baits that create flash and a thump...once you find a few throw some jigs at them. No need to troll in my opinion. Weather looked ok last I checked rain cloud and south wind .

Hi Mark...my family and I have had many years of fishing LPB & opening day bass season...parents summer home living at booths harbour..
our number one method for our traditional opener early am was flat lining the small rapalas...3 lines...are trolling speed was aggressive covering alot of water...I still remember our best opener landing 65...
live bait was also a favourite..black leeches & soft shell crabs (prohibited) anchored in the deeper water turkey point channel...
all i can say is get on the water early.. rain or shine for that first light bite...
Good Luck everbody..

Last edited:
Jerk baits are always a good choice for smallmouth. I also like to mix in drop shots and trolling (usually rapala countdowns)

My neighbour has been cleaning piles of bass on his back porch for three straight days now, so looks like they should be easy to catch! LOL

He's new, I don't think he knows the rules, but I'm sure he'll learn when there's a dramatic increase in boat traffic on the weekend.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks