Bass Open - Big Bass Derby

Dotcom

Ok its 2016...time for a new Bass Open derby...check this one out. Hope to see you all out on the 25th, The Live Release Boat will be at the marina to release the fish that can be released. Good Luck to all, Brought to you by the Erie Bassmasters and LPBAA. :) Get your tickets early.

Attachments

• Big Bass Open 2016.JPG
    Big Bass Open 2016.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Ok its 2016...time for a new Bass Open derby...check this one out. Hope to see you all out on the 25th, The Live Release Boat will be at the marina to release the fish that can be released. Good Luck to all ....JOHN
Wow! Great work! You guys saved a tradition! Hopefully the Weather Gods look upon Long Point Bay more kindly this year!

I hope all the success to all that participate and kudo's to the organizers. A great way for the community to get involved and not need $100,000.00 tied up in a boat and equipment, 5 pages of paperwork to participate and compete with pro's. We love the Derby we have here latter in the summer. Go get em all!

Just suggesting a food drum for donations at weigh in area or launch as I a see Port Rowan Food banks getting a share of proceeds, New to this one but a prticipant in good causes

Hey Pinchel no there will be no draw prize this year. We decided to simplify things a little and have simply a derby. There will be some really great prizes for 2-10. Hope we didn't disappoint anyone. Didn't want lose a great tradition.

Thank you to all of the individuals who made this possible. You made my son and myself very happy. Let's all get behind this derby and make it a great success. Thanks Chris.
It will be great to see you again rocket09 and other member`s from Stomp`s.Good Luck to you and your son and member`s/friend`s Fishing this Bass Derby.

All the fisherman your boat can handle but it's one fish per ticket so each person would be responsible for having their own ticket in order to be eligible to weigh in a fish

Hi BB, you can buy as many tics as you want, but if you look at the rules on the back of the tic one of the rules in bold is "NO ANGLERS WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR MORE THEN ONE PRIZE. One fish per ticket. NO UPGRADES ALLOWED".
This rule has been in effect from previous years, we are not having a lottery draw for a boat this year, so really buying more tics is appreciated by the two clubs... but you only need one to weigh in a prize winning bass.....JOHN

Does anyone have anymore info or even the rules to this derby. I see weigh in is from 9-3 so can you start fishing earlier then 9.

You can start fishing at 12:01 am on June 25th. the scale closes at 3 pm so plan on getting to turkey point before 3 to be sure you get weighed in,

Also you must have your ticket with you to weigh in

Good fishing to all

Back