Autumn Dawn

Stick

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Today was 1 of those days that I dream about. A cool autumn dawn, a river flowing like the blood in your veins, a connection that goes beyond the prey that you seek. That feeling that you are home, that you belong here, right now. Decades of memories come back with every friend you reunite with along that river bank. Mostly, we only see each other here, in that place we are one, searching to fulfill that fantasy, that fish or that day that will last us to the grave. Hours seam mere minutes as that water flows past, as it always has. The issues of the outside world don't exist, at least not during these moments. All that matters is we are here, in pursuit of that one thing that so much eludes us. Inner Peace.

I have had the same thoughts when being out on Lake Erie when you are out so far you cannot see the shore. It is so peaceful and relaxing and when it's time to come back, as soon as you can see land again, reality set's in and you are back to civilization, and I realize I have to go back to work

I have had the same thoughts when being out on Lake Erie when you are out so far you cannot see the shore. It is so peaceful and relaxing and when it's time to come back, as soon as you can see land again,reality set's in and you are back to civilization, and I realize I have to go back to work
@fishin fool,I know exactly what you mean.I had a few solo trip’s as well out on Lake Erie ?? this year and in the past.Even during the ice fishing season out on long point bay walking around near the EC 10 buoy marker,it can also become very peaceful. ????

Attachments

• 1AAEF200-CC4C-4999-B4C0-90A9379E73EB.jpeg
    1AAEF200-CC4C-4999-B4C0-90A9379E73EB.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks