Auto Pilot

Jetdog

Installing 9.9hp mercury kicker motor next year. Such thing is auto pilot to control steering of kicker motor?

garmin tr1 gold is a stand alone kicker autopilot, runs as much as a brand new outboard, this is why i have an ez-steer for the time being.

now if you have a boat with a shorter gunnel to water dimension were an electric trolling motor could be used on your bow , an i pilot could be used to steer your craft while under power from the kicker.

garmin tr1 gold is a stand alone kicker autopilot, runs as much as a brand new outboard, this is why i have an ez-steer for the time being.

now if you have a boat with a shorter gunnel to water dimension were an electric trolling motor could be used on your bow , an i pilot could be used to steer your craft while under power from the kicker.
This is what I do, works great , until batteries loose power, but you should have 6 hours of good trolling before you have any issues with battery life. It only really stuggles if the wind and waves kick up. On a nice condition day, battery life is not an issue at all.

I installed a Lowrance cable steer auto pilot on my 20' Legend this spring. It steers my 150 merc main and through a tie rod my 9.9 pro kicker. I bought the components at Angling Outfitters and Calvin Martin in Port Burwell did a fantastic job installing everything including a new Lowrance HDS Gen2 Touch which I needed for the auto pilot. I used the system on about 25 trips out on the lake running from 40 mph cruise speed down to 1.5 mph trolling worm harnesses. I tried using my Xi5 Motor Guide last season for steering but if there was any chop greater than 3 feet it would come out of the water. The Lowrance auto pilot system is excellent.

I agree with you @Bill_2014 , if you have a Lowrance gen 2 thats the way to go !! I will be putting one on this winter . Did the I Pilot thing as well, Its OK.... but limited .Most of the time it was facing the wrong way trying to overcome waves it couldn't handle

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks