Asian carp found by Point Pelee

There are many invasive Asian Carp in our waters. Introduced to control vegetation they were all bred to be sterile because they knew many would escape the areas they were introduced to. I am surprised this scientist was alarmed. No we don't want these things clearing vegetation from our watersheds but it's nothing new. Introducing these fish that can reproduce would be disastrous.

Aren't all carp in erie no native? Like bull frogs and pheasants just because you grew up with them doesn't meant they were always there

Actually, there may be a small breeding population of grass carp in a trib on the Ohio side of Erie....

Yes, Carp are an introduced species although the Common Carp has been around long enough to be considered naturalized and a permanent resident of our waterways. And I'm pretty sure bull frogs are native to ontario!? Pheasants, no...

Josh

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks