Asian Carp Enemy

Lots of Gar in Lake Huron and tributaries. Head up there and try to catch one. They have been around for a long long time. As noted in the article they are found in Lake Ontario and I'm sure lots of other spots. Don't know if they were introduced but we caught them almost fifty years ago so if they were it was long before that.

Pretty sure, but maybe someone who know's, could correct. Our Garr are a different fish, another invaisive to cover another, not sure?

That's a nasty looking fish. I don't think I would take my yak (or canoe) into any waters with those fish swimming in it.

Brings a whole new meaning to the term 'gator fishin'

WR

I have been in Bay St. Louis Mississippi 3 times in the last 10 months at my relatives for different family outings. They live 5 minute walk to the Water. That is what they call an Alligator Gar. There was one at the Bay Waveland Yacht Club swimming around in the channels and a young fellow finally caught it and it was 5 FOOT LONG. Everyone was happy he got it as it kept eating all the baby ducks in the channel at the yacht club.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks