Anyone out on Huron@kettle point today??

rcfire77

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Anyone else out here today?

Went out of kettle point. Fished 55 to 80ft of water. Ran a rigger s cooper line and dipsy. Marked a couple fish at 65 ft and that was it.

I went out this afternoon at 2pm came back around 5:30. 55 - 85 ft. Marked very little, caught nothing. Typical Huron outing :)

@Red Hering I launched at Christine's. Was $30 but I was the only one. Ramp is slightly better than the marina.

Vow, I must have had a lucky day back then... I do remember seeing way less marks than 9 days ago. Is it always like that on Huron? I will be testing the waters next week weather-permitting...

BTW, pay machine on Grand Bend has a network failure so save $25 each launch for now...

Is the Boat launch in Grand Bend open all the time? Wanting to launch fairly early and it says both Port Franks and Grand Bend don’t open until 8. Thanks in advance

Grand Bend launch is accessible outside those hours. Believe those are the hours it is staffed for fuel etc,

Attachments

• 1CE65672-E4CF-4A20-859E-FA8D6D8E1408.jpeg
    1CE65672-E4CF-4A20-859E-FA8D6D8E1408.jpeg
    324.2 KB · Views: 29
Ah... I did not know... The launch is open all the time, I launch early and I don't know whom to talk to. Every time I try to pay and I get "network failure" from the machine. Same with the app.

I went out this afternoon at 2pm came back around 5:30. 55 - 85 ft. Marked very little, caught nothing. Typical Huron outing :)

@Red Hering I launched at Christine's. Was $30 but I was the only one. Ramp is slightly better than the marina.
Sorry to read about you not catching any fish @Arawak & welcome to the club!! 😕 I only got out once so far this year,and it was much later in the season than I normally fish Lake Huron,because the lockdown kept most of us on shore with our boats,due to the boat ramp’s being blocked off. That is quite expensive at Christine’s for $30,but that boat ramp has definitely got its advantages. One advantage being that it is right there by the Ausable Rivermouth at Lake Huron,and another advantage is,there is no rule on what time anyone can launch their boat.Everyone pays by the “Honour” system. But,I don’t know where the parking lot is there once you launch a boat,because each year it seems to change!! You obviously know where to park & I am just guessing that anyone may still park in front of the sailboat’s that are sitting there on dry land. Well,I would like to give lake huron another try for salmon,before they leave the Port Franks area and start heading further North up the lake huron shoreline. PM me if you like,whenever you are going salmon fishing & perhaps we could “meet up” somewhere around Port Franks & hopefully tight lines this time,for the both of us,& perhaps others as well!! Some photo’s of Christine’s boat ramp & area from this past March,(notice the snow & ice on the lake in the background in some of the photo’s),from one of many of my “day trip’s” that I occasionally take. 😉🙂 🚤🎣🐟👍😎

Attachments

• DE293B60-EFC9-452A-9292-1D59A86CD62C.jpeg
    DE293B60-EFC9-452A-9292-1D59A86CD62C.jpeg
    303.8 KB · Views: 17
  • F6BAF6D0-250B-40A7-858F-36405CDAFFB3.jpeg
    F6BAF6D0-250B-40A7-858F-36405CDAFFB3.jpeg
    253.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 076E2C50-52F7-41A9-8998-D9CC759D9798.jpeg
    076E2C50-52F7-41A9-8998-D9CC759D9798.jpeg
    400.8 KB · Views: 15
  • D0F5975A-00D4-4136-B0D0-2DDBD76B6C7E.jpeg
    D0F5975A-00D4-4136-B0D0-2DDBD76B6C7E.jpeg
    318.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 27B6F259-7505-40F5-88C7-9F6B5A171FBF.jpeg
    27B6F259-7505-40F5-88C7-9F6B5A171FBF.jpeg
    185.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
FYI anyone that launches in Grand Bend before 8am (on the weekend atleast) will receive a 45$ parking ticket. Had to head to the Marina office to pay launch fee to disregard ticket. (Untill pay machine is fixed)

no parking ticket at the G.Bend launch for me friday am...
fishing was tough on a light east..managed 2 coho early on the slider
a few other boats were picking up a few off double boards...58 to 64 fow...

June 11 2021 huron cohos 002.JPG

nice quality hen..tasty BBQd

View attachment 43097

Well done @mick 👊👊 and good to know about no parking ticket on friday in the a.m.,and hopefully it stays that way,because I would like to get there early,if I was using that boat launch. The photo of that coho looks fantastic & enjoy your tasty coho on the barbecue!! 🐟😋😉👍🙂

View attachment 43097

Nice fish. Had similar results Yesterday. Managed 2 cohos and a laker but found it pretty slow. That’s good that you didn’t have to deal with the parking issues on Friday.

Launched outta Port Franks at 6am last Thursday with no issues and just paid my launch fee when we returned around 345.

Launched outta Port Franks at 6am last Thursday with no issues and just paid my launch fee when we returned around 345.
You got lucky @rcfire77 because the last time I was there to launch my boat,the guy that was running the gate said that they open at 8 a.m. each day. You did launch out of the Port Franks Marina right,and sorry for questioning you,for I am confused,but at the same time,good for you for getting in at 6 a.m. How was the fishing,if you did go fishing that day & thanks in advance. 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

Attachments

• 86B34908-1518-4E04-8104-C9B753171083.jpeg
    86B34908-1518-4E04-8104-C9B753171083.jpeg
    384.2 KB · Views: 1
You got lucky @rcfire77 because the last time I was there to launch my boat,the guy that was running the gate said that they open at 8 a.m. each day. You did launch out of the Port Franks Marina right,and sorry for questioning you,for I am confused,but at the same time,good for you for getting in at 6 a.m. How was the fishing,if you did go fishing that day & thanks in advance. 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂
I am new to this so we just showed up and drove in. The office was closed so we drove to the launch, put it in and went out for the day. Came back in before 4 and stopped and paid on our way out. Didn't call ahead or anything

I am new to this so we just showed up and drove in. The office was closed so we drove to the launch, put it in and went out for the day. Came back in before 4 and stopped and paid on our way out. Didn't call ahead or anything
Oh yeah the fishing day SUCKED! We went down to Kettle Point and trolled around there. Just marked a few fish. Came out and was talking to a guy at the launch who said he cleaned up the week prior but the day before us he was skunked out there.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks