Anyone heading to the bay today?

fireram

Was planning on trying for some small mouth today. Only day my wife and I have off together this week. A little delayed this am due to trailer wiring. But will soon be our way.

Gonna hit erie bait and tackle for some leaches and worms. and we’re takin the tin boat so hopefully the bay stays calm enough. She dosent like gettin wet.

worth getting minnows too ??

I might go this afternoon/evening. The wind seems to doing a 360° spin in the next couple days. Looks like it's going to turn east tomorrow. Anyways, looks NW today, you should be alright. I use artificial so I can't comment on bait. Though if the bait shop has larger minnows, I'd give that a go.

Was planning on trying for some small mouth today. Only day my wife and I have off together this week. A little delayed this am due to trailer wiring. But will soon be our way.

Gonna hit erie bait and tackle for some leaches and worms. and we’re takin the tin boat so hopefully the bay stays calm enough. She dosent like gettin wet.

Inner bay should be good, if you stay towards the north side but could be a little choppy further out

Grabbed a scoop of minnows. Some worms and leaches. Launched at the park. Headed to minnow island. Stopped half way between there and c10. And drifted into and through the channel.

Waves are just about a foot. Maybe two out of north west. Feels like they are picking up some.
mostly cloudy.
winds drifting us

Bunch of pumpkin seed at first and a Little Rock bass really liked the leaches. No hits on any other bait.
Nothing else and nothing for a while now.

great day so far

Seems like the small mouth have headed out of the inner bay

Seems like the small mouth have headed out of the inner bay
The water temperature @DST has likely warmed up too much in the inner bay for the smallmouth bass liking. I missed out on the smallmouth bass fishing season in the inner bay this year,but they still can be found in the deeper water now off Bluff Bar,etc.,if I still want to fish for them. Tight lines & smallmouth bass ON!! 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

I believe your 100% on that Red.
the water is bath warm. I didn’t believe my finder reading 22c. But it’s close. Waters a lot warmer than the air today.
And the showers have started.
we’re calling it a day. Gonna head back to the park and load up, and get some fry’s.
Anyone. Want some minnows. ???

Dry and salt the minnows if you have a qty. They work well and stay on the hook better

The forecast changed a bit. I should have been a weather man. Easy work. Just put 40% chance on everything and you're good to go.

Ya. Can’t predict the weather. Ever. And even harder when ya live an hour from the lake.

still great to get out. My wife had a good day, she stayed dry, and hooked up with lots of bluegill and some rockys. Enough that we could have made a small feast out of.

our other travelling companion was less then impressed with the fishing, fries, and beer coasters.

by the way @stomp , we left all the small mouth in the Bay for @Red Hering but cleaned out Sanboy Marina of their last 68 stickers.

FEEB29A3-B938-40D0-B3A9-202D874FF03C.jpeg

Ya. Can’t predict the weather. Ever. And even harder when ya live an hour from the lake.

still great to get out. My wife had a good day, she stayed dry, and hooked up with lots of bluegill and some rockys. Enough that we could have made a small feast out of.

our other travelling companion was less then impressed with the fishing, fries, and beer coasters.

by the way @stomp , we left all the small mouth in the Bay for @Red Hering but cleaned out Sanboy Marina of their last 68 stickers.

View attachment 45014
LOL

Yea

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks