Anybody fish from St. Williams anymore?

Huron

Once apon a time there was all kinds of reports and pics from fishing at St.Wiliams especially after the flag day holiday? Be kinda nice to know what's going on there huh? With all the iphones etc around doesn't anyone care to take the time to share or are selfie sticks to much the rage today. Just asking. :) Thanks, Huron.

Thinking about going out Sunday before I leave for alberta Tuesday will let you know how it goes I'm hopeing it is good

There just hasn't been a lot to report lately. Fishing has been slow for most and access to go fishing grounds even worse. Was out last Tuesday for a bit...six fish to show for it and one was a catfish. Hopefully weather and fishing improves soon.

We went out from St Williams side today. Getting around is tough on an ATV. The snow is around 8" deep and kind of difficult to get through. It's semi frozen together but not totally enough that you can always drive on top of it. Not a crust on top but think of it like a sugarcube. It has structure, but too much and it gives way and you sink into it and have to plow your tires through it. If a single rider and not towing anything it was easier to stay on top of it. Chains would likely help a bit as paddles more than ice traction as the only time my tires touched the ice was when I got bogged down and spun the rubber.

Fishing was slow. About a half dozen of keepable size and they were not hitting hard at all. Only saw maybe a dozen fish in total. Water is crystal clear. Approx 14" of ice where we were.

Thanks Paul for the report. You provided a good report on snow conditions and the effects it has on ATV travel.

Is the water still cloudy?

Ven

Thanks for the reports. Looks like it's going to be messy by tuesday. Please post pic's if out and be careful! Huron.

People with ATV's were getting stuck all around us yesterday, so glad I didn't take mine. Two guys spent hours trying to get unstuck
Saw very few Perch and a few jumbos that weren't interested in our Minnows, they swam right by. One small dink for the whole day out.
I think it's going to be a no go if the snow starts melting. Man was it a brutal walk in pulling my Clam, must have stopped 25 times to get my breath, kissed the ground getting back in.
As you drilled a hole water came up and you were standing in slush. I said to my buddy, I think that will be my last day there unless all the snow melts.

We were out on sunday it was a slow day. 6 perch, 1 mud puppy, we seen a catfish and we had 3 pike come around but they just didnt want to commit to a bite.

People with ATV's were getting stuck all around us yesterday, so glad I didn't take mine. Two guys spent hours trying to get unstuck
Saw very few Perch and a few jumbos that weren't interested in our Minnows, they swam right by. One small dink for the whole day out.
I think it's going to be a no go if the snow starts melting. Man was it a brutal walk in pulling my Clam, must have stopped 25 times to get my breath, kissed the ground getting back in.
As you drilled a hole water came up and you were standing in slush. I said to my buddy, I think that will be my last day there unless all the snow melts.
We were out on sunday it was a slow day. 6 perch, 1 mud puppy, we seen a catfish and we had 3 pike come around but they just didnt want to commit to a bite.
WOW!! it sure sounds tough out there fellows!!:mad: I was hoping to get out there around mid week,but with the milder weather coming,it will be obviously even tougher!! I appreciate your report`s and from other Angler`s also,but now I am thinking of saving my gasoline & time,and try later if the Ice Conditins improve! I will fish local Reservoir`s for now. Tight Lines,& Be Safe!! :)

Good to get a workout, as long as ya don't over do the old coronary system.......if ya know what I mean........:dead:;). Think I'll wait for the boating season:cool:.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks