Any Ryerse action yet?

eberbob

Was wondering if anyone surf fished Ryerse since it rained Monday/Tuesday, and any luck?

i will let you know on sunday if i see any while duck hunting

keepen'er afloat is always better than sinkin.

Pinks are in,but nothing else,a few browns on the last heavey rain.
If you get a pink with a cleo in its anal fin,you can keep it .
Hoping for a few colder nights and some rain,the creek is sooooooo shallow, and crystel clear

quote:
Originally posted by Bobo

The creek is full of fresh fish, everyone take their family and friends! Lots of fish for everyone.

You clearly have no idea how much trouble you could cause people with a post like that! Obviously you dont understand the situation down there either, all you will accomplish with a statement like that is another place being completely off limits for ALL angling because its almost completely surrounded by PRIVATE PROPERTY!The people who own these properties are NOT fond of the very small amount of folks who try to enjoy the VERY SMALL creek to begin with and now that you shared your infinate wisdom with 1000's of others you can rest assure they will put there foot down and end it all together...Nice work meat head your posts prove nothing more than the fact that you are ignorant to how the real world works....

quote:

Your nuts if you think this is a secret spot that no one knows about. Every one is just as entitle to enjoy this area as much as you, "meat head"

Your stupidity only seems to be compounded inside your tiny little brain. Even better you display it here for everyone to see...Its not a "secret" spot but the promotion of the area will certainly lead to many more visitors and then the negative impact sets in. Go sit back in the coner meat head and think about your next responce before you bail back on here only to make yourself look even more ignorant than what initially met the eye.

quote:

Your nuts if you think this is a secret spot that no one knows about. Every one is just as entitle to enjoy this area as much as you, "meat head"

As much as I hate to say this - Bobo is right:). The best thing to continue fishing these areas is very simple. Go ask the owners to be able to fish , offer to give them a fish or two and carry a few garbage bags and clean up after the clowns who make up the mess. I have fished Big Creek and the Otters for 40 years and it is amazing what this can accomplish.

Wojo

Well said Wojo! And if anyone has a problem with the information being swaped on this site maybe they should put their head back in the sand and sign off the site!! I've learned soooo much from the generious people on this site it's crazy, I for one would like to comend Stomp for having a great forum like this, but it also comes with responsability on us to protect the fisheries and land or it won't be around for our children to enjoy. But that's just my opinion. Keep the good info coming guys:)

I have been following this site and finally signed up for it and I find it very helpful!

I'm pretty sure this forum is called a 'fishing report' isn't it? Just saying. I agree if you have a problem with what others are posting, then delete yourself from the site. The whole point of this site is to report on fishing how much, or how little you want to!

Thanks for all the great info! :)

Frustrating isn't it Fishbones!? Fortunatley most sites have come to the realization that posting specifics on tributaries is not a good idea. Thankfully, I don't believe this site gets a whole lot of attention from anglers looking for handouts on migratory fish. Those that continually ask for reports or share what little they do know are clearly lacking the necessary skills to have much of a negative impact on the populations.

Fact is, Steelhead/Salmon migrations are relatively easy to predict and time and Steelhead themselves are one of the easiest fish to catch consistently. Anyone that needs to ask for info obviously lacks basic knowledge of these fish and/or has trouble following the only 2 sites needed to consistently catch migratory fish. Here's a hint guys........follow the weather and water levels, spend a little bit of time on the river and feel good having figured it out YOURSELVES instead of being spoonfed info on the internet and pissing off all the veteran river anglers that know better!!!

Josh

I do not post very often but some of the so called veteran anglers need to be less (boneheaded) if they want others to agree with their cause.

:Dgood post josh the smurf and i respect ur posts and as far as bobo goes no fish are present above the lamprey barrier on youngs creek and only resident fish r there above the barrier very small resident fish unworthy of keeping and i respect the bad summer we had so i will not target this youngs creek so as we can enjoy the future of fishing // not that bobo is a hog but his posts represent that candor ty and see ya soon josh

I've fished ryerse for quite a long time now, and even though fishbones failed at putting it more politely, I do have to agree with him
All the people leaving their garbage, old fishing line w/hooks still attached, and being noisey early in the AM, not to mention the odd person leaving the leftover portion of their fish for all the night creatures to fight over
It is all catching up to everyone down there, guilty or not!
Fortunately, I have made good friends with a lot of the locals down there, therefore most allow me to come and go as I please, without any worries
All the residents that I know, do not have any problem with people fishing the river, it's all the other crap they get
The exception being the people that have the house by the pipe, very ignorant people to say the least ( I cleaned up that part as good as I could!)

Dear Josh and Fish Bones, it's always nice to hear from the from the Anally misinformed. These streams have been like this for decades so stop trying to present yourselves as authorities on the subject and stopping others from sharing in the experience of fishing. When you two can walk on water let me know as that will be the only time I take you two blowhards serious. These STREAMS ARE NOT YOUR WATERS, so go get a life......

And I'll take you more seriously when you develop drop the rediculous religious references from your posts.....

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Roelofsen

And I'll take you more seriously when you develop drop the rediculous religious references from your posts.....

Josh, learn to spell it's not rediculous - but ridiculou, you must have been on the stream that day they had spelling.

Eventually the over use of these creeks for fishing...noise,mess,too many cars and upsetting taxpayers who live nearby will turn the crick into a sanctuary. There's a few streams they labelled that way in the fish regs because of ruckus/grinstone creek in burlington was over used now its fun parking the car and watching dozens of big bows,lots 10 + lbs just spawning in peace.

Its ppl like Wojo and Bobo that ruin it for everyone. They are the ones that will be complaining when all areas are posted no trespassing, or the next spot they fish is lined with fisherman.

The internet kills! This forum is intended to help each other, but you dont need to spoon feed.

For once, I finally agree with Fish Bones. Stick to it man.

DSCF1466.jpg

I am of the opinion that giving handouts on the where, when and hows of fishing migratories leads to much quicker success and a much lower appreciation of the resource. Many of us that have learned about these fisheries through experimentation and study along with trial and error developed a respect for the fish and their environment that can only come with the time invested. The Internet is taking this away for many people as is evidenced by those that EXPECT everyone to share their accumulated knowledge and make specific reports.

I am more than happy to assist those newer to the this type of fishing when I see them on the river putting in an effort to learn the game. I've spent countless dollars out of my own pocket rigging up newer anglers, filling boxes with terminal tackle and even giving away full on rod/reel setups. Keyboard jockeys looking for handouts get nothing!......don't be afraid to get out and ask questions, most of us are more than willing to help someone with the right attitude.

Josh

Back