Any Eyes on Burwell or Bruce?

King Joe

Windy for both looks pretty good and dropping into the evening. BUT, also shows 1' residual wave (so 2' minimum). Anybody out or was out...or have eyes on either? Thinking about an afternoon/evening yak attack.

Thanks for any response.

King Joe Outa Here!

Yes sir good tmm if you can take the heat maybe 3 weeks left in the short season !!

Attachments

• IMG_20230905_160737.jpg
    IMG_20230905_160737.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 4
Yes sir good tmm if you can take the heat maybe 3 weeks left in the short season !!
Yes,and for sure @Bouk49ers 👍👍 perhaps 3 weeks left in the short season,and here’s hoping that the weather in September will be great,especially with light winds!! 🤞🤞 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

I'm looking at doing somewhere tomorrow between Burwell and Glasgow. I have never been to Bruce, what's it like? Better ramp and parking like Glasgow? What's the cost?
Any thoughts on where the wind will be better tomorrow? Windfinder and Environment Canada forecast baffle me some. I'm 2 hours away so I want to know it's going to be nice!

Jasonstein99:

Just my H.O., but in calmer conditions, I prefer Bruce to Burwell. The channel is a bit narrower at the lake end but not an issue unless there a big SSE wind. The folks a North Erie Marina are very helpful. It is a single ramp and is often pretty lined-up on weekends - won’t be an issue mid-week. The parking is about a 2 minute walk from the ramp, but the folks at the marina shuttle you from their parking lot back to the ramp after you put your boat in and will always assist you with the launch if you’re by yourself. If you get back in there before the 8 pm closing time, they will also shuttle you back to your vehicle. The cost is $20, which seems to be the standard at most ramps now. I have been using Bruce for the first time this year and other than weekend crowds, no issues. They are the most attentive folks I have met thus far at any ramp in my life, not just on Lake Erie.

Jasonstein99:

Just my H.O., but in calmer conditions, I prefer Bruce to Burwell. The channel is a bit narrower at the lake end but not an issue unless there a big SSE wind. The folks a North Erie Marina are very helpful. It is a single ramp and is often pretty lined-up on weekends - won’t be an issue mid-week. The parking is about a 2 minute walk from the ramp, but the folks at the marina shuttle you from their parking lot back to the ramp after you put your boat in and will always assist you with the launch if you’re by yourself. If you get back in there before the 8 pm closing time, they will also shuttle you back to your vehicle. The cost is $20, which seems to be the standard at most ramps now. I have been using Bruce for the first time this year and other than weekend crowds, no issues. They are the most attentive folks I have met thus far at any ramp in my life, not just on Lake Erie.
No fish cleaning station there is there?

Nope. Gotta clean ’em at home if you go there. The quarters are pretty close there. There is not a lot of room there for that sort of thing. It would be a wonderful thing though if they could manage it somehow.🤷🏻

Yep out for a few hours on the 6th . A couple limits between 57 and ,60 feet. Deep bite riggers at 48 and 9 colours

Hoping for a quick response. How's it look off Burwell? Again, conflicting reports. Is the DerkD app working? Also, can anybody confirm how far out the mudline is after the rains we had...and now, what appears to be a north wind? Last tuesday, the sandline was to 38 dpw. I'm thinking mud after the rains.

King Joe Outa Here!

Hoping for a quick response. How's it look off Burwell? Again, conflicting reports. Is the DerkD app working? Also, can anybody confirm how far out the mudline is after the rains we had...and now, what appears to be a north wind? Last tuesday, the sandline was to 38 dpw. I'm thinking mud after the rains.

King Joe Outa Here!
Looks good to me 👍

Everyone I know is off the water so I'm no help
😔🌻
Yeah, had a sudden opening in my list of 'to dos'...thought I'd gamble. I think you were out since the rains though, no? IF so, do you remember how far out (depth of water) the mudline was? I'm thinking tomorrow may be a better day....and having an idea how far clear water is...makes a bit of a difference to yak scheduling.

King Joe Outa Here!

There were two distinct mud lines yesterday, one heavy fairly close in and then cloudy further out.

My black dipsy disappeared after 3 ft of depth but I caught fish.

I was under 47 ft and as shallow as 37 ft which should be good travels for you. 🌻

Tmm looks good King Joe ...North winds there in close 36 -55 ft we fished the 55 ft range but marked lots in 36 ft and read reports ..off limits in close ..go get em !!

New day...anybody out this morning with eyes on Burwell? Windy says...6mph winds from SE and 1' (so 2') waves dropping through day....before shifting to SW and coming back up...but 0' waves. If out, how deep does the mudline go?

King Joe Outa Here!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks