Off Topic Any 68 members planning on going in the Bluewater Salmon Derby?

Popped down to highland glen the other day, ramp looks good, break walls are all fixed up and the parking lot is freshly graded with some new gravel. Hoping to get out for some pre derby fishing in the next week or two and see how things are.
That’s fantastic news @Burrzy 👍 and good to know. 👍 I will still checkout the Highland Glen boat ramp,like some of the other boat ramp’s,( Grand Bend to Pt. Edward), next week along our Lake Huron shoreline,to decide on which boat ramp,I will decide to use,for the 47th Salmon Derby this year. There’s some good looking “structures” off the Highland Glen boat ramp,and perhaps I will be using this boat ramp,during the, 47th Bluewater Anglers Club Salmon Derby. Tight lines to you,and everyone else fishing this,47th Salmon Derby. 🚤🎣🐟🐟👍🙂

Attachments

• E3E4BCA8-E317-45AB-9C3F-009052190391.jpeg
    E3E4BCA8-E317-45AB-9C3F-009052190391.jpeg
    372 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
1st Coho out of Lake Huron for me in 2023

River mouth has lots of depth and seems pretty wide.
Congratulations on your first Coho of 2023 @rastam4n !! 👍👍 it’s also great news to know that the Rivermouth has lots of depth and width as well! I am looking forward to getting out onto Lake Huron with my boat within a week,to “pre fish” for the upcoming,47th Annual Salmon Derby. Enjoy your Coho fry,and tight lines & Salmon ON!! 🚤🎣🐟🐟👍🙂

Just got back from a drive to Port Franks and not too sure about the river mouth. Looks a wee bit shallow to me as I was standing on a dock at Christines and looking out towards the lake. Lots of tree branches floating around the channel as well. We shall see when the derby starts. I did secure a dock for the derby so keeping my fingers crossed that the channel is OK.

Just got back from a drive to Port Franks and not too sure about the river mouth. Looks a wee bit shallow to me as I was standing on a dock at Christines and looking out towards the lake. Lots of tree branches floating around the channel as well. We shall see when the derby starts. I did secure a dock for the derby so keeping my fingers crossed that the channel is OK.
I was there @scrimmy around 3 p.m. today,and I agree that there were a lot of tree branches floating around in the main boat channel,and it’s the lowest ever that I have seen the Ausable River at. The Northside was parked by the boat ramp there. There was one truck and boat trailer parked at the Ausable Conservation Park when I was there. Here’s hoping for deep water in time for the Bluewater 47th Salmon Derby. 🚤🎣🐟🐟🤞👍🙂

Attachments

• 6CCD56E5-7FC0-4D06-AC86-D040EFFFEFCC.jpeg
    6CCD56E5-7FC0-4D06-AC86-D040EFFFEFCC.jpeg
    458.2 KB · Views: 19
  • DFBF0E92-1280-4E42-B418-5C7893874ACF.jpeg
    DFBF0E92-1280-4E42-B418-5C7893874ACF.jpeg
    446.2 KB · Views: 19
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks