Another massive Walleye hatch this year

Josh Roelofsen

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Numbers are in and it was another banner year....

Josh

Lets hope the Perch Numbers are rebounding

Thanks for posting that news. Unfortunately Long Point Bay has not benefitted much recently from recruitment in Ohio. Don't really know the reasons why but hope circumstances improve in 2022.

Future looks bright!
So bright I gotta wear shades (to quote the lyric).😎👍

The west end of Erie had a bitchin' walleye and rainbow haul this year. I am hoping that it hasn't come to a close yet and am planning on giving it a go the next time some time off and a bit of a weather window line up.🎣

To bad we did not get a heavy school of fish like that at the Elbow this year.

I was not aware that the term "west end" had an actual geographical cutoff. I was actually thinking/referring to the area from Glasgow westward. I have not ventured any further west than Wheatley area. Though I understand that the shoal areas in the extreme west end are the place to go for early walleye, mostly jigging, right after the spawn. I haven't seen or heard any reports on the extreme west end of the lake other than the odd report from the Detroit River and of course the folks that frequent Lake St. Clair for those big bad musky.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks