Another Beautiful Day of Bass Fishing!

Red Hering

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
IMG_9662.JPG I got out fishing again yesterday,(Thursday July 6/17),since last week(Wednesday),Bass Fishing on the Inner Bay of Long Point Bay.First of all,I like to Thank Old Boat Cut Livery for being open early for bait,others seemed to still be Closed for Business around 6 a.m.,on my way in on the Causeway.I fished everywhere on the Inner Bay including the Main Channel,

using Leeches,& I trolled various body baits there also such as Rapalas,Shad Raps,etc.I tried out by Pottahawk Point,the water temperature there was at 72 degrees Fahrenheit around 12:30 p.m.,Lots of Bass there! I also fished around Millionaires Island were I lost a good size Pike,which came unexpectedly!! LOL I eventually fished for Largemouth Bass,but my Largemouth Bass weren't as Big :mad:as @Reddog (lol),according by his photo's.All in all,I caught and kept my limit of Smallmouth Bass,& I even had "Sunshine on my Shoulder," for most of the day,when I finally left for home around 3 p.m.Lots of Bass still out there!!:) Tight Lines,& Bass ON!! (y)

Attachments

• IMG_9683.JPG
    IMG_9683.JPG
    175.9 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_9680.JPG
    IMG_9680.JPG
    196.2 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_9687.JPG
    IMG_9687.JPG
    240.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_9691.JPG
    IMG_9691.JPG
    200.9 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_9670.JPG
    IMG_9670.JPG
    188.9 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Good going Erich.....looking at the weather I assumed it was a tough day for most SM bass anglers. Sunshine and calm winds typically are not advantageous.

Did you get out Tuesday too?
No @Reddog.I was going to go last Tuesday,but I am not a big Fan of the East Wind,(that they had forecasted for last Tuesday for that day),from any direction,(Northeast,Southeast),on Long Point Bay,even during the Ice Fishing Season.

Good going Erich.....looking at the weather I assumed it was a tough day for most SM bass anglers. Sunshine and calm winds typically are not advantageous.
It was a tough bite for sure @Duck Soup,not like last week on Wednesday.The earlier an Angler can get out there now,the Better,under low light conditions for the "Early Bite." The Bass are becoming quite spooky with the clearer water.Lots of Smallmouth Bass inside of Pottahawk Point,but they would just look at your bait and swim off,once the morning became longer.Tight Lines,& Fish ON!! (y)

Back