Off Topic Animal identification??

I don’t see a tail so I’m not leaning towards coyote and more towards bobcat or domestic dog breed that has the tail cropped
The better resolution pic on the large TV you can definitely see a tail. Lots agree with you about Bobcat, I personally am towards a wild.dog. it's a long way from any houses so I doubt a domestic dog went that far.

I don’t see a tail so I’m not leaning towards coyote and more towards bobcat or domestic dog breed that has the tail cropped
Maybe one of these.

Confused Dogs GIF by MOODMAN

Maybe it’s a coyote that identifies as a cat? We had all better “respect” its choice…

Lots of " interesting " replies and still no clear consensus.....whatever it was , it sent the poor coons scrambling

Tail looks clear to me. I would say with 90% certainly a coyote in poor condition possibly with mange. A lot of them look like this.

I do a little bit of trapping for fun up where I live. We see the odd what we call coy-dogs and would agree it’s either a coyote with mange or it’s a coy-dog. Cross breed between a coyote and a dog.
In southwestern Ontario it is almost impossible to find a coyote that isn’t inbred with some type of other dog.

More dog like than anything else. Those are not Bobcat legs but could be a young deer playing with the coons ?
Spotted tail deer ?
I do a little bit of trapping for fun up where I live. We see the odd what we call coy-dogs and would agree it’s either a coyote with mange or it’s a coy-dog. Cross breed between a coyote and a dog.
In southwestern Ontario it is almost impossible to find a coyote that isn’t inbred with some type of other dog.
That's my best guess in this.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks