Off Topic an ideas on what this is?

Off Topic, An ideas as to what this tool is?

Attachments

• -8105901753119484894.jpg
    -8105901753119484894.jpg
    312 KB · Views: 307
I agree, the blade cutter assembly is missing. Cattle de-horners.

Same as my cattle de horners

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211107-054713_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211107-054713_Chrome.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 150
Ok, to be clear my answer is not a guess 😄 The item in question IS a wire fence tool. This tool is used to tighten fence wire in lieu of being properly fixed. The guys saying dehorner are assuming its missing pieces but I assure you it is not. Notice the hooks on each side.....
Screenshot_20211110-234433_Samsung Internet.jpg
Those hooks grab the fence wire and the handles are then brought together, forcing the flattened tooling outwards, putting a bend/crimp in the wire and tightening it which would suffice as a fix until it could be fixed properly. Yes, it looks similar to a dehorner, but thats not what this item is.

Josh

Had a hard time finding similar farm implements but heres an exact match that is apparently a museum piece and who's purpose was discussed on reddit.....
Screenshot_20211110-235212_Samsung Internet.jpg
Disclaimer, I work as a millwright and showed the picture in question to a fellow tradesman and he knew without hesitation what the tool was used for. A litte research and reasoning confirms its a fully intact wire fence tool. Nothing about it suggests dehorner 🤷 mystery solved IMO

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks