Always a sad day...

Lay up insurance... December 1st - April 1st...

Looking forward to season 25 already...
View attachment 82409
The same as my insurance as well @jammer December 1st - April 1st,lay up time. It’s definitely always a sad few month’s. But first for me before April 1,2024, I need to get my 2007 Mercury 90 4 stroke Tiller outboard motor fixed,( the forward gear is stuck,and it won’t shift back into neutral or reverse! - video ). I will try to get this fixed asap,( hopefully it’s not a costly fix,💰 before I even think about the open waters of the Great Lakes next April 1st. 🚤🎣🐟🤞 Here’s hoping that the next 4 month’s will fly by fast! 👍🙂
View attachment IMG_2158.mov

The same as my insurance as well @jammer December 1st - April 1st,lay up time. It’s definitely always a sad few month’s. But first for me before April 1,2024, I need to get my 2007 Mercury 90 4 stroke Tiller outboard motor fixed,( the forward gear is stuck,and it won’t shift back into neutral or reverse! - video ). I will try to get this fixed asap,( hopefully it’s not a costly fix,💰 before I even think about the open waters of the Great Lakes next April 1st. 🚤🎣🐟🤞 Here’s hoping that the next 4 month’s will fly by fast! 👍🙂
View attachment 82412
Take the spark plug wire off and See if you can pull over the engine by hand just a bit, try turning the fan on the top, or turn the prob a bit,,
If it wont turn, take the spark plug out and try,, its prob stuck at top dead center and is loaded up with compression and so is stuck in gear.

Yep. I feel ya @jammer . Put Thorn to bed yesterday.

Attachments

• 20231203_161312.jpg
    20231203_161312.jpg
    358.7 KB · Views: 44
Take the spark plug wire off and See if you can pull over the engine by hand just a bit, try turning the fan on the top, or turn the prob a bit,,
If it wont turn, take the spark plug out and try,, its prob stuck at top dead center and is loaded up with compression and so is stuck in gear.
Thanks for your response and for your input @fireram and it is so very much appreciated! 👍 On the next good day weather wise,( my boat is stored outside), I will take the tarp off and I will give it a try,on what you had said. I will give you an update,on how it worked out,and thanks again. 👍🙂

You got Crestie looking great as she goes into hibernation, a little elbow grease goes a long way @jammer
She earned her keep this year with many fabulous days on the water buddy. Thanks again.

Sleep tight Crestie and we will see you next year!!! :)

@fireram today on a mild day,( my boat is stored outside), I finally had a chance to look at my 2007 90 hp Mercury 4-stroke Tiller outboard motor. I did what you had told me to do,to try to fix the problem. I will personal message you now,with a video plus photo’s as well,to see if I have fixed the problem. Please let me know if you have the time,and Thanks in advance. Merry Christmas & Tight Lines in 2024! 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks