Off Topic AC Shiners finally arrive

In hindsight I should have ordered more. :rolleyes:

View attachment 81675
Finally! The AC shiners have arrived for you @Wave Runner 👍 and that’s a great selection that you had ordered! 👍 I can see the difference in the bottom right on that AC shiner,( blunt ) front on it,compared to the other five AC shiners,that have the more typical round front. Different material was used on the purple AC shiner,but either way,they will all catch fish!! Enjoy,and tight lines & walleye’s ON!! 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_1679.jpeg
    IMG_1679.jpeg
    378.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1680.jpeg
    IMG_1680.jpeg
    275.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
@Red Hering... Yes the purple one is a 402 solid cedar 4" where the 5 others are 375 solid balsa 3 1/2". The solid cedar are popular in US so I thought I would try to see how it works here. I'm sure it will produce and hey who knows maybe better than the original Balsa. :)

I wish I had ordered hundreds just to pay respects to the 90 something year young gentleman (there is a great YouTube of him) that made them in his garage all these years. May he RIP and may every one of us "fisher people" never forget the Legend of the AC Shiner!

Yeah! they caught lots of fish over the years. The balsa wood AC's out produced the Rapala. That said, when I tried my first Rapala, probably 65 years ago, I thought they should be outlawed because they were so much better than any other bait I had ever tried. The only problem now is that I couldn't fit all the baits I have into a suitcase and I've sold or given away more than I still have. Does that problem sound familiar Bob?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks