Off Topic AC SHINERS - End of an Era

Wave Runner

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Sure glad I got my order in right away when I heard the news they were shutting down the online site. I contacted AC Shiners this morning asking if they are going out of business and sadly this was his reply.

ALV-UjV1ppv3oOvGLjnENE3Q6Q3j0lMwfbpHNxqYYTzgF6R9DEU=s40-p

Arthur Schoultheis​

9:27 AM (1 hour ago)
to me
I'm sad to say We will be going out of business.
A.C.Shiners was Art's "Dream".
The lures are still handmade and time consuming (the rest of us are OLD!).
Thank you for your condolences.
All of The A.C.Shiners Family
Connie, Shawn, Susan AND The Schoultheis Family

Should we buy them all up and resell in 15-20years?
Not a bad idea @Tyler0420 I know that the Lyman lure’s are worth something now for quite some time from Luhr Jensens,and just saying. I have had some offers for my Lyman lures from some individuals that would like to buy them from me,but I am still in the 50/50 zone,( for awhile now-lol 😂 ),to sell my Lyman lure’s,or to keep them,for the value could still be going up. Decisions,decisions!! lol 😂 👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_2844.jpeg
    IMG_2844.jpeg
    255.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2851.jpeg
    IMG_2851.jpeg
    157.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2850.jpeg
    IMG_2850.jpeg
    168.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2849.jpeg
    IMG_2849.jpeg
    170.7 KB · Views: 43
Sure glad I got my order in right away when I heard the news they were shutting down the online site. I contacted AC Shiners this morning asking if they are going out of business and sadly this was his reply.

ALV-UjV1ppv3oOvGLjnENE3Q6Q3j0lMwfbpHNxqYYTzgF6R9DEU=s40-p

Arthur Schoultheis​

9:27 AM (1 hour ago)
to me
I'm sad to say We will be going out of business.
A.C.Shiners was Art's "Dream".
The lures are still handmade and time consuming (the rest of us are OLD!).
Thank you for your condolences.
All of The A.C.Shiners Family
Connie, Shawn, Susan AND The Schoultheis Family
I wish @Wave Runner that I had done the same,by putting an order in for some of those AC Shiners! Great lure’s for sure indeed,and I am glad that I have some AC shiners in my possession! Rest In Peace, Art, and condolences as well to the family,etc.

Attachments

• IMG_1924.jpeg
    IMG_1924.jpeg
    177.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Got my order in about a month before I received the email of his passing. Tried to order a couple more of my favorites but they were already sold out. Plan to use two and keep two in the original packaging, 1697761581130.png

Growing up in the west side of Cincinnati, AC Shiner Co was about 15 minutes from my house, grew up fishing just about every model. Still have some in original packaging from the seventies. Absolute fish catching machine. Art was 97 and had 9 children it’s a shame nobody wants to continue the business. We also lost another lure maker from the same area about 2 years ago Wes England of Wee Baits. End of an Era.
If anyone is interested in watching how Art made his AC Shiners watch the video Kentucky Afield produced about 10 years ago see link below

Growing up in the west side of Cincinnati, AC Shiner Co was about 15 minutes from my house, grew up fishing just about every model. Still have some in original packaging from the seventies. Absolute fish catching machine. Art was 97 and had 9 children it’s a shame nobody wants to continue the business. We also lost another lure maker from the same area about 2 years ago Wes England of Wee Baits. End of an Era.
If anyone is interested in watching how Art made his AC Shiners watch the video Kentucky Afield produced about 10 years ago see link below

Wow, thanks for sharing . Arthur was quite a character.

I wish @Wave Runner that I had done the same,by putting an order in for some of those AC Shiners! Great lure’s for sure indeed,and I am glad that I have some AC shiners in my possession! Rest In Peace, Art, and condolences as well to the family,etc.
That's still more than I have Erich even with my order. LOL! They are great lures that will probably be worth some money someday. :)

Thank you for posting that @Nautique2001 Art sounds like an amazing soul indeed. They just don't make men like that anymore I'm afraid.

It's such a shame that the company will close. I met Art back in the late 90's and again in the early 00's during my travels to Ohio. He was ahead of the times in lure design and craftsmanship, tank testing each lure. I had posted a few AC shiner Walley catches on their social media accounts over the years and had gotten a personal email back from Art.

He was definitely a class act and some of his stories reminded me of my grandfather.

Tight lines Art

E V : Are you catching any fish now ??? Weather and the BOSS is holding me back !!!! Hope to get out next week…..

E V : Are you catching any fish now ??? Weather and the BOSS is holding me back !!!! Hope to get out next week…..
We just closed the trailer last weekend, so with the weather the way it is I figured I'll take a break from driving since I'd have to tow the boat down. I got a 4 day weekend coming up so I should have a perch report coming soon (y)

From Arthur Schoultheiss Obituary Memories and Condolences​

Met this fine man about 17 years ago when l called him to tell him that my wife Joanne caught a 40.68 lb rainbow on his lure. We were both thrilled with this Ontario record rainbow trout.
I have used his AC shiners for many years with great success with all species of fish in our Canadian waters.
From that day on Connie and Art became friends and Joanne and l were treated like family. We loved to promote the AC shiner lures because they caught fish and put smiles on fishermen and fisherwomen´s faces.
Art and Connie talked with us a few times a year and every Christmas a card would show up from the both of them to wish us a Merry Christmas.
We would like to say that we appreciated all that Art and Connie did for us over the years.
Condolences to Art´s family to Connie and his friends.
We will never forget you Art, rest easy my friend.

Your Canadian family,
Joanne and Bruce Vendramin

https://www.destinationontario.com/...1, 2005, a,became the official Ontario record

On September 21, 2005, a 40.68-pound rainbow trout was caught off the shores of Little Current, and became the official Ontario record. The monster rainbow trout surpassed the previous Ontario record, caught in 1975 near Midland, by over 11 pounds. The Royal Ontario Museum and the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters verified the fish, which was caught by Joanne Vendramin.

https://www.laketrout.org/ontario-record-rainbow-trout.htm

Attachments

• ONTARIO RECORD RAINBOW PIC.png
    ONTARIO RECORD RAINBOW PIC.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 21
  • ONTARIO RECORD RAINBOW STATS.png
    ONTARIO RECORD RAINBOW STATS.png
    122.1 KB · Views: 22
Got my order today. After watching the video and the work that went into these, I’m not sure I will even use them. A class act and as has been said , he reminds me of my grandfather also and of the type of men we don’t have enough of in this world anymore. 3B698FD1-EF57-42B8-A90E-7AD5CD40361C.jpeg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks