A sound an Ice Angler does “NOT!!” want to hear!! …. Melting Snow!! 🤨 🎣👎

Red Hering

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I spent some of my morning today,putting away my ice fishing tackle,because of this “unpleasant”
View attachment IMG_2596.mov
sound!! 😡👎 Meaning,could the ice fishing season be over,( it never really got started ), before it actually went into full swing,especially on long point bay,where I usually like to go ice fishing there! Many long distance weather report’s have come in from such member’s on @stomp such as @Wave Runner & @hvyhaul etc., mentioning that it doesn’t look good for 🥶 colder temperatures anytime soon.I felt like buying some perch last Sunday,January 21,at a local grocery store,but I didn’t of course,for I would rather catch them myself!! I will still keep some of my ice fishing tackle handy,just in case,( miracles do happen), the winter 🥶 does come back! I will keep my ice auger,and my portable hut,and my spud bar,that @Jumbojim had kindly built for me,a few year’s ago close by. I know that I could do the “big” drive up North to around North Bay,and Temagami etc. for “safe” ice conditions,but I won’t! ( too far!! ). Lake Simcoe is much closer I know,but that lake in my case at least anyways,can be unpredictable for perch action. Therefore, I would rather just wait for now,to try my luck off the Thames River bank,casting for walleye’s,( last Spring walleye’s photo’s ),once the Thames River becomes fishable again,after this major flood that we are encountering right now. Be Safe & Tight lines,wherever you may be ice fishing somewhere. 🎣🐟🐟👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_2581.jpeg
    IMG_2581.jpeg
    480 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2586.jpeg
    IMG_2586.jpeg
    461.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2589.jpeg
    IMG_2589.jpeg
    341.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2587.jpeg
    IMG_2587.jpeg
    430.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2590.jpeg
    IMG_2590.jpeg
    152.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2591.jpeg
    IMG_2591.jpeg
    164.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_6443.jpeg
    IMG_6443.jpeg
    336.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_6450.jpeg
    IMG_6450.jpeg
    430.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_6451.jpeg
    IMG_6451.jpeg
    411.4 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
I'm actually quite good with the sound of ice and snow melting Red. Remember where I used to live. No snow or ice means I don't have to shovel or bring the snow blower out AND with any luck, it means I'll be fishing off my favorite pier sooner, rather than later. ;)

Who am I trying to kid? :nailbiting:What it really means is I'll get those damn spring time "honey do" lists earlier than normal AND they'll be bigger than previous years since I'll have more time to get them done.

But, I'll still take no snow and ice over it any day. ;)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks