Off Topic 911 rescue in st Williams

An ice fisherman was rescued from Lake Erie west of Booths Harbour during the noon hour on Sunday.
The angler was about 200 yards off shore when he was unable to make it back in due to the high winds, Norfolk County Fire Department said on Twitter.
Norfolk fire and water rescue crews were called in at just before 12 p.m.
A rescue team made their way out to his location and brought him safely back to shore where he was assessed by Norfolk County Paramedics.
The Norfolk fire department also had a message to share with ice fishermen during Sunday’s wind storm: “Thinking about ice fishing in these high winds? Please think again,” said a Twitter post.

Glad everyone is safe. I just wish some people would think before being stupid knowing that the weather was going to be bad as warnings have been out for over two days. Sometimes I wonder if there they could be fined or charged for the rescue then maybe people may think twice before going out knowing that the ice has not been the greatest out that way and with all of the weather warnings.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks