Off Topic 9.9 hard to start

I may need to apologize. . I may have miss quoted the salesman from the boat show. I priced a new pro kicker. Must have been the 15hp not the 9.9 that I assumed.
Yes the Mercury 15 hp Pro kicker has EFI but the 9.9 is carb. The only ones as far as I know that make an EFI 9.9 for 2020 are the Suzuki DF9.9B EFI and the Tohatsu 9.9 EFI Sport. I'm sure the other outboard companies will have to follow suit sooner or later. :)

The 9.9 pro kicker has an accelerator pump that will squirt fuel into the carb when given full throttle. With mine before I try to start. I prime ball valve in fuel line then take control handle and move to give it full throttle 3 times . this will put raw fuel into carb like some of the old snowmobiles had primers. Then try starting. After figuring this out mine has started right away every time. Hope you can understand what I’m saying. And hope it works for you.

The 9.9 pro kicker has an accelerator pump that will squirt fuel into the carb when given full throttle. With mine before I try to start. I prime ball valve in fuel line then take control handle and move to give it full throttle 3 times . this will put raw fuel into carb like some of the old snowmobiles had primers. Then try starting. After figuring this out mine has started right away every time. Hope you can understand what I’m saying. And hope it works for you.
Thanks @Skid I will try next time out

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks