$800 ticket?

I just went to bronte boat launch and it’s open. No boat trailers and nobody there! BUT... then a halton region boat floated around the bend and I flagged him over to try to shed the nonsense...

he said that if there is a second person in the boat and there is a cop who is being a sick and asks for ID and residence, simply say that “we live together” and if the addresses don’t jive, your fishing buddy recent got kicked out of his house due to a wife that doesn’t appreciate fishing, and that he’s “staying in your basement”.

Sadly, my wife and I separated on April 8th so I have been living alone since that day. We are working through things and hope to reconcile on or around May 20th but things may take a little longer it appears. In the meantime, given the unfortunate circumstances, I guess I can go fishing with my fishing buddy since I am single......

I just went to bronte boat launch and it’s open. No boat trailers and nobody there! BUT... then a halton region boat floated around the bend and I flagged him over to try to shed the nonsense...

he told me, that they were told NOT to ask for ID, “ no need to pester fishingboats” and that fishing is safe.

he said I can launch my boat any time and not to worry about the police. He said he couldn’t speak to what peel region or others are doing but he’s thinking they are following the same guidelines.

he said that if there is a second person in the boat and there is a cop who is being a sick and asks for ID and residence, simply say that “we live together” and if the addresses don’t jive, your fishing buddy recent got kicked out of his house due to a wife that doesn’t appreciate fishing, and that he’s “staying in your basement”.

super nice cop and said “why arent you fishing today!” Lol I now have no concerns over this hype
Different in norfolk County. THE OPP have certainly been patrolling this the fine is probably true. Opening trout day they had a presence along the lake shore.

Sadly, my wife and I separated on April 8th so I have been living alone since that day. We are working through things and hope to reconcile on or around May 20th but things may take a little longer it appears. In the meantime, given the unfortunate circumstances, I guess I can go fishing with my fishing buddy since I am single......
Better make it June 2 now ...dont look good

Just read this on facebook.

Big Otter Marina

2h ·
There seems to be some confusion going on. After talking to the by law officer today the boat ramp is not open and can’t open. Nothing has changed! Those that feel the need to take your frustration out on our employees can take their boats elsewhere. It is not their fault and there is no need to be rude to any of us. We are just as frustrated and would open if we could. Hopefully see you all soon!!

I was going to throw this question out there,& maybe a stupid question. I have a kayak & I was thinking of using it to fish out of it for pike,along the reeds on the inner bay of long point. I don’t need a boat launch,but does anyone know,if a kayak is allowed to be on the water,during this current lockdown?? Thanks in advance for any answers back & hopefully,Pike ON!! that is,if I am allowed?? 🛶🎣🐟😉👍🙂
I seen two kayaks out in the bay yesterday 100 yards off the causeway between big creek bridge and first marina paddling around in the bay

I call bs opp can’t ticket for one person in boat can’t even ask for ID if you’re not breaking the law
essential travel for one is different for another government cannot define essential travel get off the computer and go fishing

Hi Red,

Some tips for fishing during this current round of stay at home order.

1). Do not use a closed amenity. (Don’t ignore closed signs at ramps, move barricades or the like.)
2). Take your lunch and coffee with you and gas up at home.
3). Understand what your doing. I am engaged in recreational kayaking and fishing as exercise and to obtain dinner. I left my place of residence, came straight to my intended place of exercise, and will return promptly to my residence upon completion in compliance with the order.
4). There is no limitation on where you can travel. You will however find people that will tell you that’s the case. There is no legislative line item that limits distance you may travel from your home.
5). You may run into a Police or Bylaw officer that disagree with your position. Don’t argue or otherwise be a mouthpiece. The majority of enforcement staff don’t want to touch this with a 10 foot pole. But like in any job you will run into people with the “Just do it” frame of mind. Those rare birds will take the approach of charge everyone and let the courts sort it out. Just take your ticket. The next day contact the courts and request a trial date. You will eventually get a trial date. At which point, you can refer to bullet point 3. Know what you where doing and be able to clearly state it wasn’t a violation of the order. Generally if you are a polite and reasonable guy who is able to clearly articulate what you are doing and how it complies with the order without giving lectures on the Charter etc. you are very unlikely to run into problems. Good luck.
Very well said. People need to keep in mind that this "stay at home order" is for the good of all of us. Where the problem arises is when 2-4 people from different households are fishing together in a boat or driving together in the same vehicle and risking either getting or passing along Covid. IMO to lie or try to circumvent this order is wrong. Take someone from your own household (or if you live alone) you are allowed to associate with one other household. I agree that enforcement don't like to have to give out tickets but if some enforcement isn't done when clearly rules have been broken would endanger the rest of the community. This will all come to an end and life will go on. Hopefully soon ! Now all I have to do is talk the wife into going fishing with me so I don't have to do the launch thing alone lol

I seen two kayaks out in the bay yesterday 100 yards off the causeway between big creek bridge and first marina paddling around in the bay
Thanks @dogfarmer for your reply back,especially about seeing the two kayaks around the causeway 👍👍🙂. I have seen kayak’s being used in different area’s,such as in Port Stanley 3718B492-367C-4239-833C-936B17556D62.jpeg while I was touring that area recently. @Yakfisherman is a avid kayak angler,and has used his kayak recently on Lake Ontario,but when I saw that a boater apparently was charged $800 while fishing out of his boat on the inner bay,I thought that it would apply to all watercraft’s,such as perhaps a kayak as well to stay off the inner bay,etc. Well,here’s hoping that if the winds are light,I will be attempting to catch a pike along the reeds one day soon out of my kayak. 🛶🎣🐟😉👍😎

There is a stay at home order. Do people stay at home? NO. I don't either. Doug Ford has to try something to keep the people of his jurisdiction safe. But keeping us from Golfing, Fishing, and out door recreation, is not going to save us. If this federal government had a vaccine producing facility in this country we also may be enjoying the freedom that other countries are starting to enjoy. But for now we all have to suffer because of Liberal policy.

Hi Red,

Some tips for fishing during this current round of stay at home order.

1). Do not use a closed amenity. (Don’t ignore closed signs at ramps, move barricades or the like.)
2). Take your lunch and coffee with you and gas up at home.
3). Understand what your doing. I am engaged in recreational kayaking and fishing as exercise and to obtain dinner. I left my place of residence, came straight to my intended place of exercise, and will return promptly to my residence upon completion in compliance with the order.
4). There is no limitation on where you can travel. You will however find people that will tell you that’s the case. There is no legislative line item that limits distance you may travel from your home.
5). You may run into a Police or Bylaw officer that disagree with your position. Don’t argue or otherwise be a mouthpiece. The majority of enforcement staff don’t want to touch this with a 10 foot pole. But like in any job you will run into people with the “Just do it” frame of mind. Those rare birds will take the approach of charge everyone and let the courts sort it out. Just take your ticket. The next day contact the courts and request a trial date. You will eventually get a trial date. At which point, you can refer to bullet point 3. Know what you where doing and be able to clearly state it wasn’t a violation of the order. Generally if you are a polite and reasonable guy who is able to clearly articulate what you are doing and how it complies with the order without giving lectures on the Charter etc. you are very unlikely to run into problems. Good luck.
Thanks @Porkpie for your time to explain all of this & that is definitely very much appreciated!! 👍👍🙂 I am definitely not the type to sit at home too long & fishing is my gateway to get outdoors,wether it is on a river fishing for walleye’s like I did yesterday on the thames river again,or boating,once the boat ramp’s that I like to use,are open up again.Or now in this case,to be able to launch my kayak somewhere from shore. All the best my friend & Be Safe 😷 & eventually tight lines & fish on!! especially from out of our boat’s. 🚤🎣🐟😉👍😎

Attachments

• C93DC47E-2336-4E82-95E4-AC6949E43260.jpeg
    C93DC47E-2336-4E82-95E4-AC6949E43260.jpeg
    275.5 KB · Views: 3
Thanks @dogfarmer for your reply back,especially about seeing the two kayaks around the causeway 👍👍🙂. I have seen kayak’s being used in different area’s,such as in Port Stanley View attachment 41581 while I was touring that area recently. @Yakfisherman is a avid kayak angler,and has used his kayak recently on Lake Ontario,but when I saw that a boater apparently was charged $800 while fishing out of his boat on the inner bay,I thought that it would apply to all watercraft’s,such as perhaps a kayak as well to stay off the inner bay,etc. Well,here’s hoping that if the winds are light,I will be attempting to catch a pike along the reeds one day soon out of my kayak. 🛶🎣🐟😉👍😎
Touring around or kayaking are not in compliance with "the stay at home order" -just saying.

Is water skiing allowed ?

Your really trying to reach here. I could make the argument that waterskiing is absolutely exercise. Kayaking is absolutely exercising. If you don’t agree with people going out fishing that’s fine just say so. At the end of the day people will make decisions that are best for them, and their mental and physical health while trying to work within the framework of the order. You may not agree with them. That’s life. There’s been a lot I’ve had to deal with that I don’t agree with over the last year. FIDO!

My son's neighbours are so sick of these shutdowns they put their house up for sale and are moving to Florida. No shutdowns and are doing far better than Ontario. They said we don't have much life left to live and we're not wasting any more of it living locked up. I'm fed up to my eyeballs with the nonsense too so Florida is looking more preferable to me as well. At least I can fish there, in fact every day if I choose to and year round to boot. 🎣👍🙂

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks