Fishing Report 68 Member Spotted North

Could get Ugly

IMG_5512.jpegSpotted in Temagami on the North Arm. Camped for 4 nights. Couldn’t find any pickerel. Lots of bass and picked up this little laker out trolling. That was the best tasting laker I’ve ever had. It was an incredible time even if there is a fire ban. Dryer than a popcorn fart I heard a local say. Didn’t miss the fire much as the mosquitoes were horrible just after sunset. Been going to Temagami for 30 years and still discovering this beautiful area.

Attachments

• Resized_20230712_1501451.jpeg
    Resized_20230712_1501451.jpeg
    221 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_5514.jpeg
    IMG_5514.jpeg
    666.8 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_5503.jpeg
    IMG_5503.jpeg
    416.4 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_5495.jpeg
    IMG_5495.jpeg
    177 KB · Views: 106
View attachment 76551Spotted in Temagami on the North Arm. Camped for 4 nights. Couldn’t find any pickerel. Lots of bass and picked up this little laker out trolling. That was the best tasting laker I’ve ever had. It was an incredible time even if there is a fire ban. Dryer than a popcorn fart I heard a local say. Didn’t miss the fire much as the mosquitoes were horrible just after sunset. Been going to Temagami for 30 years and still discovering this beautiful area.
Beautiful 🤩 photo’s and especially of that laker @Could get Ugly 👍 30 years of you going up there,and that’s amazing!! 👊👊 I am just guessing that you will be retiring up there,when your retirement date does eventually come. My wife and I only made the trip to Temagami once a few year’s ago,( we did most of our camping & fishing trip’s up in the Fort Frances-Nestor Falls area ),and back then,we stayed at Finlayson Point Provincial Park,near the town of Temagami. Gods Country for sure up in the Temagami area,and the Marten River area south of Temagami was nice as well for camping and fishing on another camping & fishing trip that my wife and I had taken a few years ago. Too bad that you couldn’t catch any pickerel up there on your recent Temagami trip. 🤔 My wife and I had no trouble catching Walleye’s 😙 while we were fishing on Lake Temagami the last time that we were there. lol 😆 😉 Also,that wouldn’t surprise me that the laker was the best to eat for you,because Lake Temagami is cold,clear,and quite deep in areas of the lake with plenty of shoals,which equals great habitat for laker’s of course. A “Thumbs UP” right back to you in your 2nd photo,👍 and now get back to work,because your holiday is over!! lol 😝 😉 👍👍🙂

View attachment 76551Spotted in Temagami on the North Arm. Camped for 4 nights. Couldn’t find any pickerel. Lots of bass and picked up this little laker out trolling. That was the best tasting laker I’ve ever had. It was an incredible time even if there is a fire ban. Dryer than a popcorn fart I heard a local say. Didn’t miss the fire much as the mosquitoes were horrible just after sunset. Been going to Temagami for 30 years and still discovering this beautiful area.
That looks like a starcraft mariner ? What length and year ?

Beautiful 🤩 photo’s and especially of that laker @Could get Ugly 👍 30 years of you going up there,and that’s amazing!! 👊👊 I am just guessing that you will be retiring up there,when your retirement date does eventually come. My wife and I only made the trip to Temagami once a few year’s ago,( we did most of our camping & fishing trip’s up in the Fort Frances-Nestor Falls area ),and back then,we stayed at Finlayson Point Provincial Park,near the town of Temagami. Gods Country for sure up in the Temagami area,and the Marten River area south of Temagami was nice as well for camping and fishing on another camping & fishing trip that my wife and I had taken a few years ago. Too bad that you couldn’t catch any pickerel up there on your recent Temagami trip. 🤔 My wife and I had no trouble catching Walleye’s 😙 while we were fishing on Lake Temagami the last time that we were there. lol 😆 😉 Also,that wouldn’t surprise me that the laker was the best to eat for you,because Lake Temagami is cold,clear,and quite deep in areas of the lake with plenty of shoals,which equals great habitat for laker’s of course. A “Thumbs UP” right back to you in your 2nd photo,👍 and now get back to work,because your holiday is over!! lol 😝 😉 👍👍🙂
Thanks Red. This time the pickerel weren't cooperating. Great fishing anyways. My first trip to Temagami we also stayed at Finlayson Park. Great park and good dock. It's a good launching spot. Once I got out on the main lake I soon realized there are 1000s of little bays and campsites to discover. I always drive down to the Temagami Access Road to launch and park. It saves you 20km in the boat and you're right where you can head out in 5 different directions. My holidays continue Red due to lack of electric batteries for Cami's new electric delivery vans. So let's go fishing Red!

Thanks Red. This time the pickerel weren't cooperating. Great fishing anyways. My first trip to Temagami we also stayed at Finlayson Park. Great park and good dock. It's a good launching spot. Once I got out on the main lake I soon realized there are 1000s of little bays and campsites to discover. I always drive down to the Temagami Access Road to launch and park. It saves you 20km in the boat and you're right where you can head out in 5 different directions. My holidays continue Red due to lack of electric batteries for Cami's new electric delivery vans. So let's go fishing Red!
Do you Cami worker’s ever work?? 🤔 lol 😂 I have a neighbour that is constantly laid-off from Cami as well,due to a lack of part’s such as the electric batteries that you had mentioned,and there were always other part’s as well,here & there in the past at Cami. My neighbour goes fishing a lot,whenever he gets laid-off. 🚤🎣🐟👍 You likely don’t know,but how long will you be laid-off? A pm will be send to you. 👍🙂

Hey there just hooked up you
It was a great pleasure @Flatfish to have met you and your friend this morning at the boat ramp in Port Stanley. 👍👍 We all had quite a pleasant conversation,mostly about walleye fishing of course,and let’s keep in touch,and see you out on Lake Erie for some walleye fishing soon!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks