2019 LPBAA & Erie Bassmasters Pike Tournament - Update

Dotcom

Morning all,
Unfortunately after monitoring the weather forecasts all week and again this morning, they all point in the same direction, nasty winds and gusts along with near 100% rain forecast through out most of our pike tournament hours. So with that both clubs have decided to fall back to our weather date that was on our posted poster of Saturday October 19 2019. We thought it was wise to advise as early as possible to make sure anglers were advised and didn't prepare or travel needlessly. Everything else should remain the same but will advise if any other adjustments are required due to this change of date. LPBAA and Erie Bassmasters appreciate your understanding and our concern to provide as safe and as fun tournament as we possibly can.
We hope for much more favourable weather condition on the 19th, and we will see you all then.
Cheers!
John Rakoczi

Attachments

• LPBAA Erie Bassmasters Fall Pike Classic 2019-page-001.jpg
    LPBAA Erie Bassmasters Fall Pike Classic 2019-page-001.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 14
  • 2019 LPBAA Erie Bassmasters Fall Pike Classic Rules and Registration Form-page-001.jpg
    2019 LPBAA Erie Bassmasters Fall Pike Classic Rules and Registration Form-page-001.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 12
I was counting on a cash infusion from Team Red Wave this weekend to fund multiple trips to Walmart to buy prime rib. :LOL:
Sorry to disappoint you but the Red Wave team won't be fishing on the 19th. The old seadog has prior commitments on that date. I guess we will have some extra cash to buy more Angus prime rib at Walmart. ??

Sorry to disappoint you but the Red Wave team won't be fishing on the 19th. The old seadog has prior commitments on that date. I guess we will have some extra cash to buy more Angus prime rib at Walmart. ??
@Wave Runner I am trying to get out of a family dinner/reunion for that day,(October 19/19),so that I will be able to fish the LPBAA Pike Fall Classic.As I mentioned before,I was really hoping for the pike classic to be on for tomorrow on October 12/19,but it is understandable that it was cancelled due to the weather. Here’s hoping that it will be on for next weekend,(october 19/19) weather permitting of course. ? ??(y)

Last edited:
I was counting on a cash infusion from Team Red Wave this weekend to fund multiple trips to Walmart to buy prime rib. :LOL:
Keep dreaming @stomp the only beef that you will be able to afford after your loss at the LPBAA Fall Pike Classic is a blade roast!! :eek:lol :ROFLMAO: The “RED WAVE” team will rise again hopefully next weekend if the pike classic is not cancelled on October 19/19,due to the weather.???(y)

Hey @Red Hering you just made my day buddy count me in. ?
Hopefully the weather forecast will be favorable on the 19th. ?
Excellent @Wave Runner and sometimes family reunions/dinner “MUST” comes last!! ? ???(y);)(y)2242DAEE-D8B7-47C5-B122-2B0C01938B6E.jpeg Tight lines Buddy & Trophy ? Pike ON!! on October 19/19!!o_Oo_O;)(y):) Talk later,& I am heading out right now for some more beef!! DF665BAF-65BF-4F01-94FD-12EF88A3BD12.jpeg :po_O:p(y)

Last edited:
Keep dreaming @stomp the only beef that you will be able to afford after your loss at the LPBAA Fall Pike Classic is a blade roast!! :eek:lol :ROFLMAO: The “RED WAVE” team will rise again hopefully next weekend if the pike classic is not cancelled on October 19/19,due to the weather.???(y)
Yeah Erich who needs Walmart I found a real buy for @stomp on "road kill" AA blade roast. ? ✅ ;)

1570810708934.png

I'm hoping this will change but long range forecast for Oct. 19 doesn't look any better than todays.??

Screenshot (8).png

Last edited:
WHAT!! :eek: and NO way @Wave Runner!! ? not again for another terrible forecast for the LPBAA Fall Pike Classic. ?? Next saturday is still a ways off,and the weather forecast could change,but I am not getting my hopes up the way the weather has been going so far this fall!! Let’s hope that it could still be on next weekend & that you and I will “topple” @Three Bouys & @stomp off the podium,(that should be easy!! lol :ROFLMAO:) for us to capture first place ???? 37BA8E96-D217-43EB-B772-3B556758B5C7.jpeg next saturday october 19/19. Tight lines & Trophy ? Pike ON!! to us partner next saturday October 19/19!!o_O????

Well it looks like a good decision @Dotcom and @spilliard1 made to postpone the tourny.
Early this morning it looked very much doable for the tourny. A slight light rain which stopped before 8:00 am and a light wind. But that didn’t take long for the winds to pick.
There was nothing going to stop my son from heading out in the rain at 5:00am for duck hunting thou.

Hey @Red Hering I second that! ? Maybe the inner bay will be fishable but 90 kph winds at Bluffs Bar where the @Three Bouys/@stomp team likes to fish pike. Then they'll have to compete in the inner bay where the pickins' are a little slimmer. ? Oh my then what? ?
We'll have to see Team Red Wave. If the winds do relent next Saturday, I have a work issue that may keep me on the sidelines. Regarding fishing the Inner Bay, if push comes to shove, @Three Bouys' and I have fished the shallows and weighed in fish from there. However, I think we both prefer the scenery and solitude of the Outer Bay and the nice boat ride there and back. Being able to pull 4 lines out there has nothing to do with it.?

Hey @Red Hering I second that! ? Maybe the inner bay will be fishable but 90 kph winds at Bluffs Bar where the @Three Bouys/@stomp team likes to fish pike. Then they'll have to compete in the inner bay where the pickins' are a little slimmer. ? Oh my then what? ?
lol :ROFLMAO: @Wave Runner!! That big boat that @Three Bouys has will “spook” every pike in the shallow water of the inner bay!! A Bonus for us to win it All!! o_O;)?:cool:

Well it looks like a good decision @Dotcom and @spilliard1 made to postpone the tourny.
Early this morning it looked very much doable for the tourny. A slight light rain which stopped before 8:00 am and a light wind. But that didn’t take long for the winds to pick.
There was nothing going to stop my son from heading out in the rain at 5:00am for duck hunting thou.
Yes @Three Bouys definitely a good call made by @spilliard1 & @Dotcom to cancel the pike tournament today. Your son is definitely a diehard duck hunter!! Hopefully he had some success for getting up that early for duck hunting in that kind of weather as the ducks became likely active,as the weather became nastier!!

We'll have to see Team Red Wave. If the winds do relent next Saturday, I have a work issue that may keep me on the sidelines. Regarding fishing the Inner Bay, if push comes to shove, @Three Bouys' and I have fished the shallows and weighed in fish from there. However, I think we both prefer the scenery and solitude of the Outer Bay and the nice boat ride there and back. Being able to pull 4 lines out there has nothing to do with it.?
4 lines!! Cheaters!! :mad: ?lol :ROFLMAO:;) “The Pros” (me and @Wave Runner of course),only use one line each,and that is just fine with us,and we are enjoying the scenery of the inner bay on top of that.o_O????

Looking better for Saturday! Likely too rough still for the salty old sea dog @red hering to tiller his way out to the Bluff.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks