Fishing Report 2 days later made a difference.

• Thread starter Deleted member 5866
  • Start date
you young guys should be jumping the dry rocks (took me 20 minutes to the slab) at burwell.. that break wall is a fish magnet (minnows & perch)...thats after you have caught your (10 dozen) 120 emerald shinners and salt them on newspaper. divide them into 4 packages and get them in the freezer quick . Now you pick a morning with a calm lake or a little offshore wind. you want to be there on the slab at 4:45 am with your line in the hole on the east side.Take a fish basket with 12 feet of rope and tie it on the steel handle on the bottom step. I used a small backpack then i have 2 free hands I pack a ziplock bag with a few extra sinkers & hooks and pickeral rigs. I also get & take 2 heavy duty plastic bags used for apples or gravel. For jumping the dry rocks I wear a good pair of hiking shoes. Put 25 perch in each bag and get them in your pack. I also took 2 rods ...just in case.. for back up...take the right size cooler with ice packs and something to drink and leave it in the trunk of your car. the cheapest ice is fill up 3 of the 2 litre pop bottles with tap water and freeze them. lay them down in the bottom of your fish cooler in the am. With 5o perch, i stop and get a bag of ice and spread over top...one last thing I always set my fish alarm...I have jumped the rocks and caught limits of perch for years...June with the cool water is the best month for fishin off the slab...if somebody has the energy and the balls to fish the slab... let me know how you make out!
don't know what the hell your saying but 50 perch sounds pretty good lol

the front of the pier(left side) is usually the hot spot that people want to get into----there is a under water current that runs w to e and that's where they like to sit? trick would be to anchor just out of casting range and try there.

that MIGHT be a problem with lifesabeech tho----been known to cast a country mile with that looooong stick he likes to use:ROFLMAO::D:rolleyes::whistle:

As close to the end of the pier as you can get.........IF you're lucky enough to get either corner cast straight out in the direction the corner points and that tends to produce......if you're not on a corner, but still right at the end of the pier, straight out anywhere from 5 ft to as far as you can cast and anywhere in between...I know when the buoy was out there (not sure where it went or why they haven't replaced it) I used to bounce my sinkers off it and come in 3 ft and I'd catch'em there with size and numbers..........there were a few boats anchored just far enough out to not cause any problems for us pier fishermen on Friday. While we were catching them off the pier, those who had anchored their boats were not catching, and eventually either went further out and joined the rest of them to the east, or they just went back up the channel.

see you've done your homework-----not hard to figure out if you pay attention

Btw there is a couple from Pt Stanley that pretty well OWN the left corner ----good luck trying to get there before them----usually later you might have a shot at it

well packrat..thats great you are still fishin and be it the Port Bruce pier..my aunt and uncle fished off the Port Bruce pier in there senior years too and they had some good catches like you...at that same time... I was taking my aunt out in my boat on erie and she would help reel in a dozen walleye. I had my grandfather out there too one day with my GF ... he reeled in all of the 20 walleye as he wanted to..I cleaned all of the 18 walleye and a coho I had landed...lol... he was a happy fisherman..

No parking there is more bad news to fishermen.. especially to people that don't have a boat and for everyone else that uses the parking lot

Can anyone update the port stanley pier for... no fishing? is that still another lost fishing oppurtunity? and i don't mean to remind and piss anybody off!

well packrat..thats great you are still fishin and be it the Port Bruce pier..my aunt and uncle fished off the Port Bruce pier in there senior years too and they had some good catches like you...at that same time... I was taking my aunt out in my boat on erie and she would help reel in a dozen walleye. I had my grandfather out there too one day with my GF ... he reeled in all of the 20 walleye as he wanted to..I cleaned all of the 18 walleye and a coho I had landed...lol... he was a happy fisherman..

No parking there is more bad news to fishermen.. especially to people that don't have a boat and for everyone else that uses the parking lot

Can anyone update the port stanley pier for... no fishing? is that still another lost fishing oppurtunity? and i don't mean to remind and piss anybody off!
yeah mick ----I've had some good days at the pier----had a few real good days and had my share of sit watching paint dry:D

can I actually catch a walleye off that pier or any pier ?
It's been known to happen in Pt Bruce. I wouldn't have believed it had not been there to see it myself.......personally have not caught anything other than perch, catfish and sheephead off the pier, but I have seen a 4-5 lb walleye caught by the breakwater last year, a nice rainbow off the left corner at the end of the pier last year, and a nice pike last week caught off the right corner at the end of the pier.

see you've done your homework-----not hard to figure out if you pay attention

Btw there is a couple from Pt Stanley that pretty well OWN the left corner ----good luck trying to get there before them----usually later you might have a shot at it
lol, not so much a case of doing homework as much as it is experience.....I've been fishing that pier for years starting when I was a kid until I was 15 until we moved out west for 23 years. I moved back here in 2008 and I've been fishing from it every year since....but much like when I was a kid, getting a spot at the end of the pier is still a challenge especially if they're in and biting.

like i said later in the season you have a better chance at the prime real estate

one year showed up first of august to a deserted pier and got on the left corner ---surprise they were in and hungry

after awhile couple more people showed up and we had a blast---didn't matter where you cast they were there

like i said later in the season you have a better chance at the prime real estate

one year showed up first of august to a deserted pier and got on the left corner ---surprise they were in and hungry

after awhile couple more people showed up and we had a blast---didn't matter where you cast they were there
Always been a believer in these words of wisdom, "a bad day fishin is still better than a good day at work, so there's no such thing as a bad day fishin." AND "Da fish is in da water...so put your hooks where they are....in da water.......if they're there and hungry, they will take your bait..if they aren't...they won't..."

Back