Fishing Report 2 days later made a difference.

• Thread starter Deleted member 5866
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5866

Wednesday, I was on the pier at Pt Bruce, caught 4 white perch. OH HOW THINGS CHANGE.......went back today, got my minnows at the Marina, had a line in the water by 7:45am Caught my first yellow at 7:55am......left at 1:30ish when I ran out of minnows.......total for the day, missed 10, threw 7 small yellows back and came home with 20 nice ones.

I trolled into 7fow east of three trees didn't mark anything
I marked most action in and around 30 fow

Good perchin Trevor, especially from the pier. Maybe they are in closer than us boaters realize. :cool:
Thanks. They were being caught all over the place off the pier, both sides. I was on the East side not quite to the lighthouse. I had 3 double headers. The guy sitting to my left went home with approximately 35-40, the couple to my right went home with at least 70 between the two of them, maybe more..the couple who took their place went home with 15-20 and the guy beside them had caught 10-12 in less than an hour.. The bite was fairly light, but it was constant from the time I got there at 7:45 until about 11:15 after that it slowed substantially, but they were still there and still biting. Size varied from just barely bigger than the minnows, to jumbos, and everything in between.

I trolled into 7fow east of three trees didn't mark anything
I marked most action in and around 30 fow

That's where I marked most fish also between 30-40 fow but those rascals weren't cooperating like those around the pier for Trevor. LOL!!! :mad:

Think I'm heading back shortly
Thinking I may anchor near the pier and give it a try lol

lmao
Well I never planned to be close enough for them to even cast at me.
I tried near the pier the waves were nasty
And didn't mark anything
Boated west of the pier in 25fow Got a handful

Where are they???

That's pier fishing, there one minute gone the next. Where are they? Greg at NEM told me Friday after I came in one guy did well in 51 fow. I'm going to give it another week before I try again.

That's pier fishing, there one minute gone the next. Where are they? Greg at NEM told me Friday after I came in one guy did well in 51 fow. I'm going to give it another week before I try again.
and here I was beating myself up for NOT going------later I think:confused::oops:

lmao
Well I never planned to be close enough for them to even cast at me.
I tried near the pier the waves were nasty
And didn't mark anything
Boated west of the pier in 25fow Got a handful

Where are they???

the front of the pier(left side) is usually the hot spot that people want to get into----there is a under water current that runs w to e and that's where they like to sit? trick would be to anchor just out of casting range and try there.

that MIGHT be a problem with lifesabeech tho----been known to cast a country mile with that looooong stick he likes to use:ROFLMAO::D:rolleyes::whistle:

you young guys should be jumping the dry rocks (took me 20 minutes to the slab) at burwell.. that break wall is a fish magnet (minnows & perch)...thats after you have caught your (10 dozen) 120 emerald shinners and salt them on newspaper. divide them into 4 packages and get them in the freezer quick . Now you pick a morning with a calm lake or a little offshore wind. you want to be there on the slab at 4:45 am with your line in the hole on the east side.Take a fish basket with 12 feet of rope and tie it on the steel handle on the bottom step. I used a small backpack then i have 2 free hands I pack a ziplock bag with a few extra sinkers & hooks and pickeral rigs. I also get & take 2 heavy duty plastic bags used for apples or gravel. For jumping the dry rocks I wear a good pair of hiking shoes. Put 25 perch in each bag and get them in your pack. I also took 2 rods ...just in case.. for back up...take the right size cooler with ice packs and something to drink and leave it in the trunk of your car. the cheapest ice is fill up 3 of the 2 litre pop bottles with tap water and freeze them. lay them down in the bottom of your fish cooler in the am. With 5o perch, i stop and get a bag of ice and spread over top...one last thing I always set my fish alarm...I have jumped the rocks and caught limits of perch for years...June with the cool water is the best month for fishin off the slab...if somebody has the energy and the balls to fish the slab... let me know how you make out!

Last edited:
the key word here is YOUNG guys---not for me---tried it once only got part way then stopped

no energy and no balls to fish the slab thank you anyway

I used to climb those rocks at one time too but that was more 50 years ago. With my legs I wouldn't get past the first 5 now. Definitely for the truly young, not the young at heart. :inpain::inpain::inpain: :D

hey packrat and wave runner...its a real bummer we are too old to jump the rocks..i am 57 and just finished up with 5 knee surgerys inside the past 9 months..lol..omg that sounds terrible...now if somebody would run a taxi out there...i would pay..lol ...over the years i did get a few boat & canoe rides out or back in...anyway i will say after all those trips i only went down once...i had a minnow bucket that morning and it went flying...lol anyway i did recover most of the minnows that fell on a flat rock. I had blood rolling down my knee.but I still carried on and got out there and caught a good catch..I will say half way out on the rocks the breakwall has a dog leg...i caught some good catches right there on the lake/west side

Last edited:
hey packrat and wave runner...its a real bummer we are too old to jump the rocks..i am 57 and just finished up with 5 knee surgerys the past 9 months..lol..omg that sounds terrible...now if somebody would run a taxi out there...i would pay..lol ...over the years i did get a few boat & canoe rides out or back in...anyway i will say after all those trips i only went down once...i had a minnow bucket that morning and it went flying...lol anyway i did recover most of the minnows that fell on a flat rock. I had blood rolling down my knee.but I still carried on and got out there and caught a good catch..I will say half way out on the rocks the breakwall has a dog leg...i caught some good catches right there on the lake/west side
hey mick flip your age and you'll know why I just look and wish:cry:

An update. The Provincial Park has closed the parking lot that was used as access for the rocks, so not really sure where anyone will park now? Wondered why I boated by the rock pier the other day on a nice calm Sunday not to see a single soul out there... Had to ask the guys at the marina and that is what they said.

An update. The Provincial Park has closed the parking lot that was used as access for the rocks, so not really sure where anyone will park now? Wondered why I boated by the rock pier the other day on a nice calm Sunday not to see a single soul out there... Had to ask the guys at the marina and that is what they said.

in a word WTF????

Back