11,294 Teddy Bearโ€™s ๐Ÿงธ๐Ÿงธ took flight last night,at the Budweiser Gardens. ๐Ÿงธ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

Red Hering

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
This post is not really fishing related,but Christmas ๐ŸŽ„ ๐ŸŽ… is coming up fast,so I thought that I would post this,to send out a little Christmas cheer! I attended the London Knights & Sarnia Sting hockey game last night at the Budweiser Gardens,for the annual Teddy Bear ๐Ÿงธ Toss event. All that were in attendance last night which was just over 9,000,were waiting in anticipation for the Knights to score their first goal of the game,which happened just after 5 minutes of the first period,to send a record,it turned out to be,for the Teddy Bears Toss of 11,294 Teddy Bearโ€™s,for this event which usually happens around this time each year. ๐Ÿงธ๐Ÿ‘ There should be a lot of happy kidsโ€™s on Christmas ๐Ÿคถ ๐ŸŽ…๐ŸŽ„morning,who other wise,might not of have gotten a Christmas ๐ŸŽ gift ๐ŸŽ ๐Ÿงธ The London Knights ended up winning the hockey game by a score of 4:1 A fantastic evening all around last night,and Wishing everyone here on @stomp ,
View attachment IMG_2237.mov
a Merry Christmas ๐ŸŽ„ ๐ŸŽ…๐Ÿคถ and โ€œHealth & Happinessโ€ in 2024! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

Attachments

• IMG_2261.jpeg
    IMG_2261.jpeg
    203.2 KB · Views: 5
Heard about the record number of bears last night. Good thing your phone was attached to your coat sleeve so you don't loose another one! ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽฃ๐Ÿ›ถ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคณ

I watched the game on Rogers TV. (until I fell alseep :rolleyes:) Funny how that happens when I park my butt on the couch. (Curse of the couch ;) ) Always like watchin the teddy bear games. Some of those bears are getting quite large in recent years. Glad to see the CHL host cities across the country doing it every year to benefit the local in need kids in their cities.

My wife has been complaining in recent weeks that I'm very difficult to buy for at Christmas time. I tell her I'm not, all she has to do is listen to what I suggest she might get me, and then more importantly, be willing to go to the stores where she can get those particular things I've suggested.

What have I been suggesting? Simple really, I've been telling her for years, "can't go wrong with fishin stuff or KNIGHTS tickets." She responds with "NOT going in a fishin store, and I don't like going downtown because ain't nowhere to park near the Knights store in Bud Gardens that is free or allows you the time you need to park, run into the store, get the tickets and then get back to your car before someone has put a parking ticket on it.

Attachments

• IMG_1682.jpeg
    IMG_1682.jpeg
    203.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1681.jpeg
    IMG_1681.jpeg
    194.2 KB · Views: 6
Heard about the record number of bears last night. Good thing your phone was attached to your coat sleeve so you don't loose another one! ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽฃ๐Ÿ›ถ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคณ
lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ @Extra Virgin ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘ it would of have been โ€œappropriateโ€ for me to lose another IPhone of mine,but this time,it would of have been on the โ€œhard waterโ€ ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿฅ… ๐Ÿงธ๐Ÿคณ instead of in the โ€œsoft waterโ€ season like the last time!! ๐Ÿ›ถ ๐ŸŽฃ ๐ŸŸ ๐Ÿคณ lol ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

Attachments

• IMG_2251.mov
    14.8 MB
I watched the game on Rogers TV. (until I fell alseep :rolleyes:) Funny how that happens when I park my butt on the couch. (Curse of the couch ;) ) Always like watchin the teddy bear games. Some of those bears are getting quite large in recent years. Glad to see the CHL host cities across the country doing it every year to benefit the local in need kids in their cities.

My wife has been complaining in recent weeks that I'm very difficult to buy for at Christmas time. I tell her I'm not, all she has to do is listen to what I suggest she might get me, and then more importantly, be willing to go to the stores where she can get those particular things I've suggested.

What have I been suggesting? Simple really, I've been telling her for years, "can't go wrong with fishin stuff or KNIGHTS tickets." She responds with "NOT going in a fishin store, and I don't like going downtown because ain't nowhere to park near the Knights store in Bud Gardens that is free or allows you the time you need to park, run into the store, get the tickets and then get back to your car before someone has put a parking ticket on it.
Anglerโ€™s are definitely easy to buy for sure @Trevor M ๐Ÿ‘ but my wife wonโ€™t buy fishing tackle for me anymore either,for โ€œapparently,โ€ I have โ€œtoo muchโ€ fishing tackle,gear!! lol ๐Ÿ˜ I will be unloading-selling some fishing gear/equipment,next Springโ€ฆ2024, to make some more room,for the newer looking fishing lureโ€™s,fishing gear,etc., coming out in todays fishing market. lol ๐Ÿ˜ I agree about the parking downtown,itโ€™s hard to find,and expensive if you do manage to find a parking spot close to the Budweiser Gardens. I ended up getting 4 โ€œFreeโ€ London Knights ticketsโ€™s,from a friend of ours,who couldnโ€™t make it to the Knights game. It was late in the day when I had received those 4 London Knights tickets
View attachment IMG_2252.mov
,or I would of have gotten a hold of you @Trevor M ,to see if you would of have been interested in going to the Knights game with me. Perhaps,you would be interested in going with me another time,if I do get knights ticketโ€™s again? The other 3 Knights ticketโ€™s,I gave away for free to a mother with 2 young kidโ€™s,who had a โ€œblastโ€ at the London Knights Teddy Bear ๐Ÿงธ ๐Ÿงธ toss game.Here is Mitch Marner ( video ), crying out a โ€œWOOO!โ€ on the big screen,on the record of Teddy Bearโ€™s,( 11,294 ),that had been tossed out onto the ice!! ๐Ÿงธ๐Ÿงธ ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿฅ…๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

Last edited:
It was late in the day when I had received those 4 London Knights tickets
Your browser is not able to display this video.
,or I would of have gotten a hold of you @Trevor M ,to see if you would of have been interested in going to the Knights game with me.
I would've gone with you to the game Red, probably woulda been able to stay awake and watch the entire game if I was there (curse of the couch can't get ya in a relatively uncomfortable chair in a public building ;):ROFLMAO: ) and for sure, keep me in mind in the future. I've dropped yet another huge hint to my wife that IF she can bring herself to go downtown to the Knights store, she could perhaps get me tickets to 3 different games for Christmas.

When it suddenly dawned on her that would mean me out of the house for about 3-4 hours on those game nights, which would give her a chance to set up the folding table in the kitchen and do some sewing (and make a mess in the process) her eyes almost lit up and she actually said, "I'll think about it." Translated that means :unsure: probably not getting Knights tickets :ROFLMAO: especially since we drove right past the Bud last night on our way home from going out for dinner (was her birthday so I took her out) and with the game about to start and everything going on across the street at Covent Garden Market, she really wasn't pleased I took us home that way. (I wanted to find a parking spot and get out and join the people at the market, and trying to throw a little romance her way on her birthday I wanted to try to get a horse drawn carriage ride that are supposedly happening free as part of everything going on for the Christmas season at the Market, but she would have none of THAT and just wanted to go home. I got an 'A' for the effort and thought though. Even got a kiss on da cheek for the thought. :ROFLMAO: )

You should have added I spend all summer sitting in the heat on the crowded pier little room to park my ass trying to catch perch for you so it's not to much to ask ...... The old guilt trip

I would've gone with you to the game Red, probably woulda been able to stay awake and watch the entire game if I was there (curse of the couch can't get ya in a relatively uncomfortable chair in a public building ;):ROFLMAO: ) and for sure, keep me in mind in the future. I've dropped yet another huge hint to my wife that IF she can bring herself to go downtown to the Knights store, she could perhaps get me tickets to 3 different games for Christmas.

When it suddenly dawned on her that would mean me out of the house for about 3-4 hours on those game nights, which would give her a chance to set up the folding table in the kitchen and do some sewing (and make a mess in the process) her eyes almost lit up and she actually said, "I'll think about it." Translated that means :unsure: probably not getting Knights tickets :ROFLMAO: especially since we drove right past the Bud last night on our way home from going out for dinner (was her birthday so I took her out) and with the game about to start and everything going on across the street at Covent Garden Market, she really wasn't pleased I took us home that way. (I wanted to find a parking spot and get out and join the people at the market, and trying to throw a little romance her way on her birthday I wanted to try to get a horse drawn carriage ride that are supposedly happening free as part of everything going on for the Christmas season at the Market, but she would have none of THAT and just wanted to go home. I got an 'A' for the effort and thought though. Even got a kiss on da cheek for the thought. :ROFLMAO: )
Well @Trevor M once I get some more ticketโ€™s from my friend that sometimes canโ€™t make it to a London Knights game, I will definitely ๐Ÿ‘ let you know by personal message,a few dayโ€™s ahead of time my friend! ๐Ÿ‘Š It should be a โ€œblastโ€ us seeing a London Knights game together,excellent hockey,and โ€œno sleeping ๐Ÿ˜ด โ€œat the Knights game!! lol ๐Ÿ˜† Also,us โ€œroutingโ€ for the same team together as well,such as the London Knights,compared to our NHL teams,( Toronto & Montreal ), that are such rivals!! lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜‰ You are right about things going on as well,at the Covent Garden Market,especially this time of year,during the Festive Christmas ๐Ÿคถ ๐ŸŽ…๐ŸŽ„Season!! A recent video from the Covent Garden Market. GO KNIGHTS GO!! ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿฅ… In the meantime,I have been doing some Thames River walleye fishing,and also taking a break from the Christmas shopping!! ๐Ÿ›๏ธ ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ’ฐ ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

Attachments

• IMG_2293.mov
    34.1 MB
  • IMG_2286.jpeg
    IMG_2286.jpeg
    438.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
You should have added I spend all summer sitting in the heat on the crowded pier little room to park my ass trying to catch perch for you so it's not to much to ask ...... The old guilt trip
Wouldn't work. She doesn't eat fish. Yeah I might be able to get her to try a bite (a very small bite) every once in a while, but it's worse than pulling teeth to get her to do it and besides, she'll just turn my attempted "guilt trip" on her around on me and make me feel like I did/said something I shouldn't have, faster than you can blink. ("OH, you're not happy with me then?")

Well @Trevor M once I get some more ticketโ€™s from my friend that sometimes canโ€™t make it to a London Knights game, I will definitely ๐Ÿ‘ let you know by personal message,a few dayโ€™s ahead of time my friend! ๐Ÿ‘Š It should be a โ€œblastโ€ us seeing a London Knights game together,excellent hockey,and โ€œno sleeping ๐Ÿ˜ด โ€œat the Knights game!! lol ๐Ÿ˜† Also,us โ€œroutingโ€ for the same team together as well,such as the London Knights,compared to our NHL teams,( Toronto & Montreal ), that are such rivals!! lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜‰ You are right about things going on as well,at the Covent Garden Market,especially this time of year,during the Festive Christmas ๐Ÿคถ ๐ŸŽ…๐ŸŽ„Season!! A recent video from the Covent Garden Market. GO KNIGHTS GO!! ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿฅ… In the meantime,I have been doing some Thames River walleye fishing,and also taking a break from the Christmas shopping!! ๐Ÿ›๏ธ ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ’ฐ ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚
Let me know Red. Would be almost weird both of us cheering for the same team especially with you wearing your Habs :poop: and me wearing my Leafs jersey and you and I both know that would be what was being worn that night. I think the ONLY time you'll hear me cheering for the Canadians is during ANY international hockey competition. Those guys who play for Montreal in the NHL nope, THAT will never happen. ;):ROFLMAO:

Any luck getting any eyes in the river? (Still won't get me outta hibernation tho even if you have had luck. That damn river hates me lol)

Let me know Red. Would be almost weird both of us cheering for the same team especially with you wearing your Habs :poop: and me wearing my Leafs jersey and you and I both know that would be what was being worn that night. I think the ONLY time you'll hear me cheering for the Canadians is during ANY international hockey competition. Those guys who play for Montreal in the NHL nope, THAT will never happen. ;):ROFLMAO:

Any luck getting any eyes in the river? (Still won't get me outta hibernation tho even if you have had luck. That damn river hates me lol)
lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ @Trevor M about us wearing our NHL teams jersey while we are there! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‰ About having any luck on catching any eyes on the river,not yet,( I only got out once so far ), and I will get back out sometime soon,to try my luck again. ๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks