Search results

1. C

Off Topic Air Fryers for fish ?

The air fryer cooks really nice 3lb-4lb whole chicken, season the chicken 30min breast side down then flip and cook another 30min at 350'F, always comes out juicy and nice. I also like it for frozen fries, hint I do spray the fries down with light coating of canola oil. Other then that I don't...
  2. C

Tips on the Niagara bar?

Another option is St Catharines Marina in Port Weller, start trolling right from when you clear the Marina right up and along the canal spit and then circle and stay in the Bay. The water warms up here early as well especially if we have had a lot of SW wind, the canal protects the Bay and the...
  3. C

Tips on the Niagara bar?

I would launch at the St Catharines Game&Fish ramp and head west towards Jordon, from Charle's Daily Park right past Jordon harbor in less then 20' of water. The water warms up first in this area due to 15th and 16th mile creek as well as Jordon Harbor. This is a good early spring area for...
  4. C

Good Niagara River Drift Guides?

you can't go wrong with Mark Defoy, he's been fishing the river for years, very good trout fisher and he knows the river, you'll get fish. His other captains are really good as well, I've fished the bank with all these guys and they know their stuff, tough to get a day with Paul, he books up fast
  5. C

Off Topic Brrr? Depends on how you look at it lol.

Wind and snow just started to pick up here in Hespler, I got 65 cans of Coors and lots of food so I think I'll be alright for a few days, bring it on!!!!!!
  6. C

St Catherine’s

I lived and fished St Catharines most of my life, ice fishing is limited but a few good spots are Port Dalhousie Pier Marina. It's not open for fishing in the open water months but I believe you can still ice fish there in the winter, it can get crowded sometimes now, but you can get some real...
  7. C

Off Topic Trolling for eyes after dark

I fished Walleye a lot at night and it's a different then daytime, Walleye tend to move up shallow at night on top of reefs or the shallow water surrounding the reef. The bite really won't get going until a few hours after it is fully dark, there is an adjustment time from dusk till full on...
  8. C

Fishing Report Port Bruce Perch June 30th

The only theory I've heard is that the record populations of Walleye have pressured the perch fishery. Walleye will target perch a certain times of year and with record numbers of Walleye in the central basin the Perch populations may be being stressed, it's great to have lots of eye's around...
  9. C

Fishing Report Rainbows on fire

Nice day, I remember back in the day swinging "Hot Shots", "Kwikfish", "Flat fish" and spinners was a traditional method of getting steel to bite, these methods don't seem to be used as much today with all the float fishing being done. If the trouties are not hitting float fishing methods...
  10. C

Lake St. Clair forums ?

Your spots sound like everybody's spots hahahaha, but just a tip to anybody fishing St Clair if you hook-up weather casting or trolling mark a way point right away and continue to fish that spot. It's funny because St Clair is like big pond with little structure but the Musky will for some...
  11. C

Off Topic Minnows Update @ Old Cut Livery

you can only catch minnows in your own bait zone, the province will be divided into 4 bait zones, outside your bait zone you will need to provide a receipt plus identification showing your residence address. If you catch your bait in the zone you reside in no receipt is needed, if you catch bait...
  12. C

New bait rules coming 2022

The Province will be divided into 4 bait zones, it is not your FMZ zone that decides bait rules but rather which of the 4 bait zones you reside in. I think bait dealers will be instructed to provide receipts to customers stating in 2022
  13. C

Off Topic Minnows Update @ Old Cut Livery

The new Bait fish and Leech laws do not come into effect untill 2022
  14. C

Lake St. Clair water conditions

Another tip, I like to fish that green water, I don't like the mud or the clear blue water, clear water can be just as tough to fish or worse then mud. If you find wear the green water and the mud line meet trolling down the mud line can be hot.
  15. C

Lake St. Clair water conditions

I run the snap weight right at the front of the leader, it works as a weed guard, I run 5' 80lb mono leaders, but the 6' will work just fine. I also use east coast rod holders and bury the rod tip into the water when lots of floating weeds are present, the rod will pick up a lot of the weeds...
  16. C

Fishing Report St Clair Musky - 09-17

Our best double 10's were yellow mirage I think it's called with gold blades, 40'-45' back, 5'leader with 5oz or 6oz snap weight running about 3.7 mph
  17. C

Fishing Report St Clair Musky - 09-17

Nice fishing, we were out in the area Thursday & Friday got 3 both days 48", 2 -47", 43",40", 38" all our fish came off St Clair Hounds double 10's and 1 Handle barze double 10. Funny we couldn't move anything with the cranks. Our 1 47" fish was the huge I could hardly lift the fat bugger lol...
  18. C

FRYING WALLEYES

Here's another tip for those of you who strain your oil, try using a small strainer and a coffee filter it works better then paper towel and easier to clean up. Also you can butter fry fish, the secret to this you need to clarify the butter, once the solids are removed the high fry pt of butter...
  19. C

FRYING WALLEYES

50% Crisco shortening 50% Becel for pan frying high heat point and good flavour
  20. C

Fishing Report Nanticoke Quick Trip Sept 3

Fished Nantikoke today got 5, it was a struggle for awhile, got into 50' - 48' and hit some nice walleye, south end of the shoal out a bit deeper, I troll harnesses and gold / purple blade was working best....only went out to 60' and it was dead out there. My advice if your fishing this area is...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks