Search results

1. 10-7

Off Topic Identify Local Snake??

Greetings, just curious as to what type of snake this is? I believe it could be a Grey Ratsnake, but obviously not certain. My son and I came across it on the trail near the fish hatchery in Turkey Point. The grey ratsnake is endangered, but can be spotted in the area. Thank you
  2. 10-7

Surprising Catch off the Northshore of TP Sept. 19th

Well, today I changed from usual coordinates to the Elbow and focused my efforts on the Northshore in front of Normandale and TP. Just to play around in my backyard. I am so glad I did, when my rod fired and hit a dead weight. To my surprise, I managed to reel in and net this beautiful Muskie...
  3. 10-7

Fished LPB ( Elbow) - Aug. 10th

Hope guys have better luck today then I had yesterday. lol The lake started off calm, then the wind picked up later in pm. I had lines down by 8:30am and up by 3:30pm with only 2 eyes & 1 perch in box. Marked well, but could not get them to bite. I did switch up things in an effort to catch...
  4. 10-7

Bow Action @ Elbow July 29th

Finally was able to fulfil the itch to get out on the water. The weather subsided to allow the three of us to enjoy LPB for a full day of fishing. Headed out to the Elbow and started to troll my usual spot at 76 fow. I couldn't believe the surface water temp was 67.8 this am. That is a huge drop...
  5. 10-7

2hr Quick Trip @ Elbow July16th

Had the opportunity to take out my colleagues for a quick afternoon trip to nice spot near the Elbow to give them the experience. Had lines in by 1:30pm ( 5 spread ) and up in 2hrs. Managed to box 3 bows and 2 eyes. Lost way more at the boat. lol I'll blame the newbies handling the rods and/or...
  6. 10-7

Fantastic Day @ Elbow

Took advantage of the weather and water conditions and headed out to the Elbow. Most of the day surrounded by commercial tugs trolling and taking all of our fish. lol I did count around 8 of them. One actually trolled directly beside me. Had to refresh the lines all day due to the silver bass...
  7. 10-7

Elbow Catch-July 7th

Went out today and crawled to the Elbow. Very rough out there to say the least, but wasn't too bad once lines were set. Figured I would take advantage of my time before being locked in with work. Dropped lines at 64 FOW and hoped for the best. Did not mark much at all today; however, our lines...
  8. 10-7

Elbow Catch-July 3rd

Well, today took advantage of the awesome weather and water conditions for an attempt to locate and catch some elusive LPB eyes. Covered a lot of water. Trolled south to the lighthouse and a bit at the tip. Marked tons of fish and bait. Went 4 for 6 eyes for the entire day. Lost a couple at the...
  9. 10-7

Elbow Area Aug.19th

Headed out today and managed 2 eyes and 2 trout in only a couple hours in the am. All were taken off the riggers 55' down with 25' lead out using a "Blue Fox" hologram rainbow spoon. No hits on dipsey or leadcore.hmmmm....Burwell reports opposite. Pretty much trolled all over attempting to...
  10. 10-7

Diverted Tragedy...Teachable Moment for All

Well, I debated whether to put this on this forum as my hands are still shaking. I figured boaters and fisherman alike, can take what they can from what I am about to type. It is also a good venue to allow myself to vent. I will NOT post names or boat descriptors, but what you are about to read...
  11. 10-7

Evening at Elbow Aug.6th

Headed out this evening with a buddy for a last minute run. We trolled east then back west. In two hours ended up with 3 bows and 2 eyes. All were caught in 127 fow. The first bow came off rigger set 70' down. One eye & bow came off the other rigger set 55' down and 30' back. The last eye off...
  12. 10-7

Elbow Catch July 30th

Well, headed out to the Elbow area once again. Late start, but the am was slow while initially trolling south towards lighthouse in 72 fow. During this time, caught 1 eye on 7 colour out and lost two on dipseys 155 out @ 3. In pm, changed it up and started to troll east out in front of...
  13. 10-7

Elbow July 29th

Well, it's been long over due.., Finally got the perfect day with the water being like glass. Took advantage of it and headed out for a few hours in the backyard ( The Elbow) along with about 5 other commercial tugs and a few other trollers. Trolled south & north direction along the inside of...
  14. 10-7

Elbow Catch July 5th

Water Conditions: Very calm (glass), clearLocation: Trolled North & South along Elbow ridgeFOW: 67' GPS Speed: 2.5mph Method Used: 4 Lines In using variety of tech: dipsey # 3 (90' & 110' back), riggers @ 35 to 40', core @ 5 colour ( all worked well when used) Successful lure: Ripplin Redfin...
  15. 10-7

June 25th SM Catch

Well, went out today with my 5 yr old regardless of the 30km/hr north winds. Tried for some perch at Wooley's Pt. and only managed a bundle. Then I headed to Normandale to try my luck. As I approached, I began to clearly mark the smallies sitting at about 10 to 12 feet of water directly out...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks