Elbow Catch July 30th

10-7

Well, headed out to the Elbow area once again. Late start, but the am was slow while initially trolling south towards lighthouse in 72 fow. During this time, caught 1 eye on 7 colour out and lost two on dipseys 155 out @ 3.

In pm, changed it up and started to troll east out in front of Nanticoke in 67fow. Negative results. Wasn't marking much. Headed back westbound towards the Elbow in 78fow. Took another eye off the rigger 42' down, 1 trout off dispsey and another off the rigger.

Total count for a long day on the water was 5 for 8. (2 trout & 3 eyes) Worked for these ones.

Weather was even better than yesterday. It was the perfect day out there. All fish caught on silver backed spoons with whatever colour worked.lol

Note: Surface temp was 76.4. Probe showed change at 40'. Dropped dramatically between 40' to 50' in 67fow. Coincided with what I was marking on the finder.

Well, back to work for the week.

Cheers

10-7

Good fishing 10-7. Your boat is setting a new standard for the Elbow and it is higher than its been in years.

I have to admit, the last couple days have been fantastic water conditions out there. Nice to see. This has been a very windy season.
Yes, it has been a great season so far out there, but you do have to invest time to place a few in the box, especially with all the commercial boats out there daily. Yesterday, six were out at the tip of lighthouse.

Has anyone trolled east out front of Peacock Point or further? If so, would like to hear your results or findings? I tried making my way out there yesterday, but no action at all; therefore, turned around where I was marking.

10-7

Ive been fishing from knights beach with 2 other boats . We've been catching walleye and picked up a brown yesterday . The walleye have been slow but I did get a 10 lber fri night .
Can someone tell me where Hastings is ? Thanks .

Sronza

Thanks for feedback Sronza. Hastings is on the south side of long point. If you have ever driven to Long Point, turn right (west) when you come to the "Causeway" restaurant. That is called Hastings Drive. It's a small sand road with cottages outlining the shoreline. The water out front is known as the location Hastings. Hard to get to unless you go around the point or launch out of Burwell. Either way, it can be a trip. Some contentions with private property owners regarding trespassing.

Hope this helps.

10-7

Oh yah, how deep are you fishing on the east end?

Ive been fishing between 60 -110.marking lots of fish . Something's out there . Going to try again today

Sronza

Back