Search results

1. B

To Perch or not to Perch...That is the question.

Hey Berkly, Nice fish! Did you use minnows? If so, did you catch them in the harbor? Thanks
  2. B

Angling Outfitters Check Out This Weeks Classified Hummingbird And Marcum

Monty, I believe you are misinterpreting what "Camer" said. I think he was leading towards who really cares if the advertising is in the Fishing Section. Butsy
  3. B

Detroit river walleye update....

Hey Big Rod, Thanks for the report, your information is very informative as usual. "Downtown Detroit" are you meaning Renaissance building? I understand if you don't want to share everything.
  4. B

Good Walleye Spoons??

Go to Angling Outfitters in Woodstock and see Joslyn. I can guarantee you will not find better prices and knowledge in another fishing store in Ontario - Simple! Also, Angling Outfitters is a site sponsor, last time I checked I did not see "Steve in Lambeth" as a site sponsor.
  5. B

West end eye update.

Hi Big Rod, Are you jigging the river yet for fall walleye? If not, what is your predication for the fall bite? Thanks. Love your Detroit River post too.
  6. B

Burwell the good(great) and the bad friday A.M.

Lovetrout, I was out today as well with the bugs, when I got home I pulled the cowling of my Mercury 115 4 stroke and my filter was plugged solid with the bugs - I mean solid! Just a suggestion - you might want to have a look at yours. Nice fishing too!
  7. B

Bayfield

[ quote]Originally posted by quinner01 Why dont you grow up, or meet me at Bayfield tomorrow and we can discuss this further. You never seem to have anything but negativity to add. I congradulated him on his catch, and gave him some advice. On any other forum, his post would have been...
  8. B

Warped propeller shaft

Hi Pikefishinfever, Yes you are correct if I had stayed to the left I would have missed that rock shoal. Anyways, very intresting information you shared let's hope the water levels come back up in the near future. Do you know of any cottages for rent on Point au Braille? Take care, Butsy
  9. B

Warped propeller shaft

Zxninja, Correct me if I'm wrong but is the rock that is right in the middle of the channel and within 100' of opening back up to a little bay at the back of Shawanaga river? If this is - I hit the same rock in 2008 and my boat was 1 day old. I feel the pain! I bent my shaft and lost my prop...
  10. B

Western Basin Walleye /Perch updaye.

Good stuff Big Rod! Thanks for the post.
  11. B

SouthCoast

(Originally posted by DRV) settle it on the ramp! Exactly!......I would love to see some of these people that hide behind emails all the time!!
  12. B

Pt. Bruce lake conditions Sunday 8 a.m.

Hey Wdodgetruck, If you read the post on "Wind sites" and according to the author "Johnnyo" if you use his philosophy regarding wave heights you will never be wrong.
  13. B

Pt. Bruce lake conditions Sunday 8 a.m.

Fishnhunt, Thanks for the report! It really helps guys like myself that travel a great distance.
  14. B

wind sites

Very interesting indeed!!!.....I myself spend the time checking weather sites and have a record high of making the 1.5 hr drive to Burwell only to turn around to come back home five separate occasions..... They can send a man to the moon, but can not get the marine weather figured out at all...
  15. B

port bruce walleye

playinhookie, sorry about the spelling on the name from my last post. Take care, Butsy
  16. B

port bruce walleye

Hey plainhookie, If you can get out to 64-65' of water and troll @ 2.5-2.8 mph and follow the contour lines on your graph you will be in the zone. 10 colour lead core rod with a copper rippling red fin will be very painful, but will also put a limit of walleye in the boat. Dipsy divers are...
  17. B

Hot Lips

Hey Tcat, I'm sure you can run the Hot Lips straight back with braid or mono - but you would have a better advantage using boards. Reading the other post suggesting letting out between 150' - 200' of line to reach the 30' depth, then I would attach the board and let out another 50' - 100' of...
  18. B

Hot Lips

Thanks Makoassault!
  19. B

Hot Lips

I know that a 3/4 Hot lips dive to 30' - but I was wondering if anybody knew how much line on the counter to let out to achieve this depth with braid @ 2.5 mph? Thanks
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks