Western Basin Walleye /Perch updaye.

B

big rod

Fished 5 days last week.Fished for 3 hours where the Detroit Rvr dumps into Erie in Amherstberg last weekend. Fished Boblo and Livingston Channel,caught 4 eyes ,5 smallmotuh and 3 sheephead jigging.Same plastics that were working in the spring,eyes were 2 ,3.5lbs.
Perched fished solo 3 times out of Colchester,bought 10 bucks of bait each trip,ended up with 11lbs of fillets.First day perching i caught 14 channel cats.The 2nd day i only caught 2.Got my bait from Coopers in Amherstberg.Each day perching you are catching about 15 sheephead and about 50-60 white perch also.Perch fishing is on full time till the lake freezes.
Friday we got 10 walleye 400 yards off the harbour,between the mile marker and the pier,15 to 25f.o.w.all on crawlers,2.5 to 3.5lb eyes.My buddy fished there Thursday and got 11 in 4 hrs of trolling.
Went to Holiday Beach watching hawks in the tower the last two mornings,saw lots of hawks,eagles,etc.Coolest thing i saw was 5 American white pelicans.
ry%3D400

Festival of Hawks starts this Sat and runs for 2 weeks.

Big Rod
<'[[[[[[><
www.bigrodsguideservice.ca

Great post as usual B.R.not surewhen but myand I will be down your way sometime this fall for some perch fishing .It still seems to be in full swing around here atBurwell /Bruce and Stanley.If we could just lose some of this wind

John R

Love the pic of the Pelican I saw one here many years ago and no one believed me.

Good report

BD

Big Daves Fishing Charter
519 777 0146

Nice to see awesome wildlife like pelicans in s,ont ...there are thousands of breeding pairs on gull and sandhill,lake winnipeg. I was shocked to see the big birds in princess point marsh,dundas a few year back. Nice picture,good stuff.

One of the bird gurus said the pelicans showed up in the early spring and never left.They should be up by Lake of the Woods area.When they scoop up fish the can hold up to 3 gallons of water in there lower beak.They tilt there head down to drain out the water and they tilt it back to swallow the fish.

Big Rod
<'[[[[[[><
www.bigrodsguideservice.ca

Back