Toronto Fishing and Boat Show

What struck me most was how the price of boats has gone up dramatically over the last few yrs. Far too expensive for the average person. . . My 2 cents
Not only the price of the boat @WCM having gone up,( thank goodness I have a boat),but the price of part’s on the outboard motor’s,and even the boat trailer itself,(hydraulic surge brake line leaking,and caliper’s replaced),such I unfortunately had found out,when I had a few breakdowns last summer,2022!! Also,since when do Marine Mechanics make $135 an hour!! Maybe,it is more technical work! I wished that they had taught this course in High School as well,on how to be a marine mechanic,along with auto mechanics. Sorry for the Rant,and hopefully this summer,it will be much better for me,with less breakdowns & more time on the water,Fishing!! 🚤 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟🤞👍🙂

I was at Hully Gullys boat show..bigger than Toronto fishing show..hmmm
Nice new Princecraft..18', Merc 150, all the stuff...but $80K before taxes. Thats heavy $$$...

Not only the price of the boat @WCM having gone up,( thank goodness I have a boat),but the price of part’s on the outboard motor’s,and even the boat trailer itself,(hydraulic surge brake line leaking,and caliper’s replaced),such I unfortunately had found out,when I had a few breakdowns last summer,2022!! Also,since when do Marine Mechanics make $135 an hour!! Maybe,it is more technical work! I wished that they had taught this course in High School as well,on how to be a marine mechanic,along with auto mechanics. Sorry for the Rant,and hopefully this summer,it will be much better for me,with less breakdowns & more time on the water,Fishing!! 🚤 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟🤞👍🙂
@Red Hering , they don't make that much it's shop hourly cost , paying for property or rent , operating cost , and so on ,
I have some clients comment on my rates but once I break it down they are surprised actually how much I make
Not easy these days to have a small business
On the other hand yes everything is hyper inflated
Costs are insane and we all know when price goes up it may come back down but not where it was before
Lol now you got me ranting too 🤣

I was at Hully Gullys boat show.. bigger than Toronto fishing show.. hmmmBoats are insane
Nice new Princecraft.. 18', Merc 150, all the stuff... but $80K before taxes. Thats heavy $$$... anymore.
Yes I remember looking at that same Princecraft with hydraulic steering, 150 Merc and trailer for $42,000 including tax just 5 years ago at Hully gully. Boats prices are insane these days. 🤑

Yes I remember looking at that same Princecraft with hydraulic steering, 150 Merc and trailer for $42,000 including tax just 5 years ago at Hully gully. Boats prices are insane these days. 🤑
@Wave Runner if it was a Lund,especially a “RED” one,😉 😜 instead of a Princecraft as mentioned above from @DaveJ and yourself,the price would of have been even more,🫣 and just saying my friend! 😙 😉 See you on the water,and hopefully 🤞 soon!! 🚤 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟👍🙂

Attachments

• 61A96937-1701-4C16-BC09-02611C4371F0.jpeg
    61A96937-1701-4C16-BC09-02611C4371F0.jpeg
    230.5 KB · Views: 11
@Red Hering , they don't make that much it's shop hourly cost , paying for property or rent , operating cost , and so on ,
I have some clients comment on my rates but once I break it down they are surprised actually how much I make
Not easy these days to have a small business
On the other hand yes everything is hyper inflated
Costs are insane and we all know when price goes up it may come back down but not where it was before
Lol now you got me ranting too 🤣
Thanks 😊 for explaining that to me @Ticker 👊👊 but I am also sorry to get you ranting as well!! lol 😆 😉👊👊👍🙂

Oh man..those Lunds..only the rich and famous can afford them...especially the RED ones!!!
LOL!! 🤣🤣 @DaveJ good one!! 👊👊 and YES!! only the rich and famous,( 🤣🤣 ). and especially the “RED” ones!! 🤣 😌😙 the first photo is my first Red Lund Tiller boat,that I had owned back then in 1997. I Love ❤️ my Red Lund boat’s to this day. The last photo is of my 2007 Lund boat,that I own now.🚤🎣🐟👍👍😁

Attachments

• 0EE37A9F-8B43-4055-8DEC-C3FA73A23F2A.jpeg
    0EE37A9F-8B43-4055-8DEC-C3FA73A23F2A.jpeg
    201.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 13B17171-C2F4-4167-A5EA-6CAD9715191D.jpeg
    13B17171-C2F4-4167-A5EA-6CAD9715191D.jpeg
    209.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Just today got offered the chance at tickets for the central Ontario boat show and sale at the Canadian Heritage Warplane Museum, March 3-5

Thanks for all the heads up notice.

Peckerheads. 🌻

I skip the big shows theses days. There is a ton of club swap meets around now and they are far better than any of the shows today.

Maybe if I had 5 lifetime worth of savings to buy that and can only fish for 20 minutes than paddle back 🤣🤣
Let alone @Ticker for us angler’s to have an electric truck 🛻 to pull that boat 🛥️ out of the lake!! 😳 Oh!! Don’t back in too far,or the electric battery in front of the back bumper will get submerged & short out!! 😱😉👍👍🙂

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks