Even i didnt enjoy the waves this afternoon.

tailfeathers

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
To say it was a bit bumpy is an understatement. Lots of 6 plus waves this afternoon. But we persevered and Lady Erie rewarded us with some beautiful yellow pickerel for my clients (just to incite the red herring lol).18 where brought to the boat and actually surfed in over the back. The program was 4 dipsys and 2 leadcores with various spoons and a couple ripplin redfins in black mamba color. The hot spoon was what I'm now calling the naked tramp as it has no paint left of its original perch color. The good part about today was no boats around as I only saw 2. Never noticed annonamoose out there behind us with his net out trying to get a few of those flying yellow pickerel on their way to the back of tailfeathers boat! Tonight 8 was the new 6 footer.Just to point out the third person was taking the pictures and the 19th fish was mine at cleanup. We caught well over 4 limits but many went back so Trevor M could possibly get one off of the pier lol.

Attachments

• 20220823_170148.jpg
    20220823_170148.jpg
    337.6 KB · Views: 138
  • 20220823_170203.jpg
    20220823_170203.jpg
    353.3 KB · Views: 133
  • 20220823_170202.jpg
    20220823_170202.jpg
    364.9 KB · Views: 118
  • 20220823_173824.jpg
    20220823_173824.jpg
    356.3 KB · Views: 125
  • 20220823_192133.jpg
    20220823_192133.jpg
    441.5 KB · Views: 136
It was definitely rocking! Likely the shittiest conditions I've fished in my 14' off Glasgow this aft lol! The hot action was worth the painfully slow ride out and in tho 😁

Josh

You truly are the surfer @tailfeathers well done captain!! No matter how rough the seas you still seem to dial it in so clients can reel them in!! You definitely get the vote for the most clients with the deepest stomachs lol but always seem to get it get it done before the chum lol!!

To say it was a bit bumpy is an understatement. Lots of 6 plus waves this afternoon. But we persevered and Lady Erie rewarded us with some beautiful yellow pickerel for my clients (just to incite the red herring lol).18 where brought to the boat and actually surfed in over the back. The program was 4 dipsys and 2 leadcores with various spoons and a couple ripplin redfins in black mamba color. The hot spoon was what I'm now calling the naked tramp as it has no paint left of its original perch color. The good part about today was no boats around as I only saw 2. Never noticed annonamoose out there behind us with his net out trying to get a few of those flying yellow pickerel on their way to the back of tailfeathers boat! Tonight 8 was the new 6 footer.Just to point out the third person was taking the pictures and the 19th fish was mine at cleanup. We caught well over 4 limits but many went back so Trevor M could possibly get one off of the pier lol.
Yeah that looks just a lil bit rougher than any of the times I've been out with you when it's been "a lil bit bumpy" but not much rougher. I'd have still gone out with ya in THAT. ;)

As for what I bolded at the end of your post, that's awfully nice of you:ROFLMAO: but I won't be going fishin from the pier for the rest of this season. You have my number. (somewhere) You coulda just kept'em and called me and said, "hey if ya want'em, come get'em." ya know.:wacky: ;):ROFLMAO:

Pretty much gone back into hibernation now and while I'm going to try to get out once more, not so sure I'll be able. I know that once more won't be this week for sure and next week is a maybe at best depending on how things pan out this week and of course what mother nature has in mind. I'll have a better idea of whether I will or will not be able to get out again by the end of the weekend.

I was out late this afternoon with a buddy, fishing in the area that Tailfeathers directed me to. Once we got there we did manage to put a couple in the box, But after Tailfeathers fished it out there were not too many left. I think this is likely the first time that I have been rigging lines in the back of my boat on hands and knees to make sure that the lures, rods and me all stayed in the boat. Took a newbie out today, and he handled things very well. If he could handle things today, anything else is a piece of cake! Dropped in on Tailfeathers at his trailer to show my buddy the difference between going out with a pro vs an amateur. But he did enjoy the day, and says he would love to do it again. I promised him next time more fish and less waves.

lol 😂 @tailfeathersjust to “incite” the @Red Hering by calling them, “ yellow pickerel.” lol 😝 👊👊 🚤🎣🐟 🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟 and, “WALLEYE’S ON!!” LoL 😝 😉👍🙂

I was out late this afternoon with a buddy, fishing in the area that Tailfeathers directed me to. Once we got there we did manage to put a couple in the box, But after Tailfeathers fished it out there were not too many left. I think this is likely the first time that I have been rigging lines in the back of my boat on hands and knees to make sure that the lures, rods and me all stayed in the boat. Took a newbie out today, and he handled things very well. If he could handle things today, anything else is a piece of cake! Dropped in on Tailfeathers at his trailer to show my buddy the difference between going out with a pro vs an amateur. But he did enjoy the day, and says he would love to do it again. I promised him next time more fish and less waves.
I believe the key is to get behind Tailfeathers and fish in his chum line...

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks