Off Topic Stopped at a Garage Sale today.

Trevor M

My wife decided she wanted to go to the beach today. We stopped in Burwell, but wasn't a parking spot to be found, so we went to Bruce for a few hours. NOBODY was catching a thing off the pier today while we were there, and no, I didn't put a line in. Didn't even take my gear with me.

After some fries we headed to Pt Stanley. WHAT A ZOO. :ROFLMAO: On the way home we stopped and got some corn on the cob at Debacker's, then as we were coming into St. Thomas on Sunset Drive, there was a garage sale right across from the turn at Parkside, so we stopped there AND I found these. (see pictures)

The ONLY one that I for sure know the name of is the picture on the right (bottom one) because it's one I had already. A UV Len Thompson Watermelon is what the package said when I bought it a couple weeks ago. I used it for size reference, but the rest of them I bought today and although I think I know what a couple are named, I'm not positive, so if anyone could, please let me know what the name of these spoons I bought today are. Much appreciated.

I paid $3/spoon and yes he still had lots of fishing stuff available including several rods in the garage I didn't see until someone gently pulled my arm and said, "time to go." :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• 0731221804-00.jpg
    0731221804-00.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 157
  • 0731221804-01.jpg
    0731221804-01.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 153
Fair deal 👍 You paid about 1/2 retail maybe slightly better.....but no info on the rods!? 😩 Working on filling out a Fenwick collection if anyone see's any 😂

Josh

Fair deal 👍 You paid about 1/2 retail maybe slightly better.....but no info on the rods!? 😩 Working on filling out a Fenwick collection if anyone see's any 😂

Josh
The rods looked older and I didn't get a real good look at them sorry. I paid $21 for the 7 spoons I walked away with today. That Len Thompson I bought cost me $8 brand new.

Most spoons I've seen are between $9-18 depending on which store I'm in, and their size, so I was happy with what I got for what I paid. Funniest thing is, I dunno when I'll use'em.🤷‍♂️ but I KNOW I wanted'em "just in case" and it's not like I don't have lures I could use for trolling purposes, I have all kinds, I just don't have da boat yet.;)

My wife decided she wanted to go to the beach today. We stopped in Burwell, but wasn't a parking spot to be found, so we went to Bruce for a few hours. NOBODY was catching a thing off the pier today while we were there, and no, I didn't put a line in. Didn't even take my gear with me.

After some fries we headed to Pt Stanley. WHAT A ZOO. :ROFLMAO: On the way home we stopped and got some corn on the cob at Debacker's, then as we were coming into St. Thomas on Sunset Drive, there was a garage sale right across from the turn at Parkside, so we stopped there AND I found these. (see pictures)

The ONLY one that I for sure know the name of is the picture on the right (bottom one) because it's one I had already. A UV Len Thompson Watermelon is what the package said when I bought it a couple weeks ago. I used it for size reference, but the rest of them I bought today and although I think I know what a couple are named, I'm not positive, so if anyone could, please let me know what the name of these spoons I bought today are. Much appreciated.

I paid $3/spoon and yes he still had lots of fishing stuff available including several rods in the garage I didn't see until someone gently pulled my arm and said, "time to go." :ROFLMAO:
@Trevor M first photo middle spoon is called a,”Pink Panties.” 👍🙂

OK thanks for the replies so far. I thought that one was a pink panties, and the other a wonder bread, but I wasn't sure.

OK thanks for the replies so far. I thought that one was a pink panties, and the other a wonder bread, but I wasn't sure.
@Trevor M the purple lure above the pink panties is a little blurry,so therefore it is hard to tell what the name of that lure is,and just saying.

@Trevor M the purple lure above the pink panties is a little blurry,so therefore it is hard to tell what the name of that lure is,and just saying.
OK, maybe I'll dig the box out again tomorrow and take another picture of it. My wife is already asleep and if I unlock the door it'll wake her, and I don't wanna do that.

OK, maybe I'll dig the box out again tomorrow and take another picture of it. My wife is already asleep and if I unlock the door it'll wake her, and I don't wanna do that.
Sounds good @Trevor M 👍🙂 to take another picture of those lure’s,and I might add,that you got yourself a good deal there at that garage sale!! 👍👍 I will be sorting out some of my great lakes lure’s today,for my next trip out either on Lake Erie or Lake Huron,whatever Lake is favourable for light wind conditions. 🚤🎣🐟🐟🐟🤞👍🙂

Purples look like 'kevorkian' to me. Each spoon brand has their own take on the names though. It's always caught fish for me when its out but usually if there on that color zone its blueberry muffin on my lines. Contrary to its popularity and every one elses sucess I don't think pink panties has ever got me a fish! The wonderbread again doesnt see too much action for me but can be great when its out there. I would have jumped all over that deal too!

Last edited:
Sounds good @Trevor M 👍🙂 to take another picture of those lure’s,and I might add,that you got yourself a good deal there at that garage sale!! 👍👍 I will be sorting out some of my great lakes lure’s today,for my next trip out either on Lake Erie or Lake Huron,whatever Lake is favourable for light wind conditions. 🚤🎣🐟🐟🐟🤞👍🙂
Ok Red, here's the new pictures of those lures. I was pretty sure I knew the pink panties and the wonder bread, but I wanted to make sure. The rest, I'm not sure what they're called, but like I said, I saw'em, and I KNEW I wanted'em, especially at that price......I almost doubled up on the PP but decided I liked that purple whatever it is better.

That third picture, the purple thing I'm holding that appears to have a black stripe down the middle, it DOESN'T have that black stripe, it's just reflecting my fat ass. It's purple with pink dots on it, but no pink strip like the second picture and it's a smaller spoon as you can see in the 4th. That one beside those two in the 4th is a straight purple spoon.

Attachments

• 0802221101-00.jpg
    0802221101-00.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 0802221101-01.jpg
    0802221101-01.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 0802221101-02.jpg
    0802221101-02.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 32
  • 0802221101-03.jpg
    0802221101-03.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 32
Ok Red, here's the new pictures of those lures. I was pretty sure I knew the pink panties and the wonder bread, but I wanted to make sure. The rest, I'm not sure what they're called, but like I said, I saw'em, and I KNEW I wanted'em, especially at that price......I almost doubled up on the PP but decided I liked that purple whatever it is better.

That third picture, the purple thing I'm holding that appears to have a black stripe down the middle, it DOESN'T have that black stripe, it's just reflecting my fat ass. It's purple with pink dots on it, but no pink strip like the second picture and it's a smaller spoon as you can see in the 4th. That one beside those two in the 4th is a straight purple spoon.
Thanks for the updated photo’s of the lure’s @Trevor M 👍👍 I will have a look at my lure’s soon,to see if I can find out what that purple lure with the pink dots you are holding is called.🧐 I haven’t had a chance yet to look at my lure’s,because I have been busy,(darn retirement!! lol 😆),and I just got back from running some errands,such as going to a Metro store here in London for T-Bone 🥩 🥩 steaks,which are on sale right now,and tomorrow is the last day for the T-Bone 🥩 steak sale. Peavey Mart in Hyde Park was along the way as well,and they still have their 50% off on their fishing tackle still going on there,and it was now my second time,within a week,that I had stopped in there,😠 lol 😝. Text you back later once I know about that lure,(if I do have one),and enjoy the rest of this beautiful sunny 🌞 day!! 👍😎

Attachments

• 82DEB5E5-F6C8-43F3-AC2A-F70B7C1774DD.jpeg
    82DEB5E5-F6C8-43F3-AC2A-F70B7C1774DD.jpeg
    152.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 0F773267-4D87-4F7C-9EF7-118515802934.jpeg
    0F773267-4D87-4F7C-9EF7-118515802934.jpeg
    324.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 4B4B1CD3-7FB4-4F91-9549-37087A0B1AD5.jpeg
    4B4B1CD3-7FB4-4F91-9549-37087A0B1AD5.jpeg
    232.6 KB · Views: 25
  • EF8E5DD6-AB8E-464C-87C1-FEE23E38476A.jpeg
    EF8E5DD6-AB8E-464C-87C1-FEE23E38476A.jpeg
    356.9 KB · Views: 32
Thanks for the updated photo’s of the lure’s @Trevor M 👍👍 I will have a look at my lure’s soon,to see if I can find out what that purple lure with the pink dots you are holding is called.🧐 I haven’t had a chance yet to look at my lure’s,because I have been busy,(darn retirement!! lol 😆),and I just got back from running some errands,such as going to a Metro store here in London for T-Bone 🥩 🥩 steaks,which are on sale right now,and tomorrow is the last day for the T-Bone 🥩 steak sale. Peavey Mart in Hyde Park was along the way as well,and they still have their 50% off on their fishing tackle still going on there,and it was now my second time,within a week,that I had stopped in there,😠 lol 😝. Text you back later once I know about that lure,(if I do have one),and enjoy the rest of this beautiful sunny 🌞 day!! 👍😎
OK Red.

@Trevor M the 3rd purple lure down in your first photo is a Silver Streak I believe. That’s the only one that I could find right now that you are showing me,and I will let you know if I ever find out the name of the rest of your lure’s. 👍🙂

Attachments

• 7CE1DB3C-FCD0-49C8-BF3C-6234F7D110B5.jpeg
    7CE1DB3C-FCD0-49C8-BF3C-6234F7D110B5.jpeg
    105.9 KB · Views: 3
@Trevor M the 3rd purple lure down in your first photo is a Silver Streak I believe. That’s the only one that I could find right now that you are showing me,and I will let you know if I ever find out the name of the rest of your lure’s. 👍🙂
A couple of more photo’s similar if not the same,of the last photo of the lure that I send to you just recently.

Attachments

• D3A855A1-D6D8-4E0E-B491-7DC7D8FFAC70.jpeg
    D3A855A1-D6D8-4E0E-B491-7DC7D8FFAC70.jpeg
    260.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 197D48A6-9D15-4283-9EE6-55318B6287EF.jpeg
    197D48A6-9D15-4283-9EE6-55318B6287EF.jpeg
    238.3 KB · Views: 21
OK, so far we've figured out I picked up a Wonder bread, a pink panties, (which I kind of knew but wasn't entirely sure) and that big purple one with no spots is a Kevorkian. Anyone able to tell me what the rest of them are? going back to bed now. Gnite :sleep:

The bottom pic, first two are nk purple thunder,

Back