Fishing Report Glasgow Live July 15

Good reports you guys. We tried deep water but had our best luck (4 eyes) in ten minutes in 42 fow straight out of port. Back 60’ with harnesses.
That fish station is a stinking mess today and nasty water on the ground.

Weather buoy still looking like it’s calm out front of Port Stanley
And forecasted winds are to lay down into the evening
So I’m just waiting on my brother in law to come over and we are heading for the port Stanley public boat ramp πŸ‘ 🎣 πŸŒ… πŸ«‚ 🚀 🐟 πŸ™Œ

Well that was a grind today
Was nice sharing info with with @Wave Runner and @stomp today on the water as well talking to you guys at the ramp end of the day , It's been my pleasure to meet you @stomp and talk to you In person
No pattern again today other than same aria produced most fish in 51-53 fow anywhere from 25 -45 down
Most fish came on dipsy #3 settings 75 ' back
Riggers took 2 rainbows 2 sheep and 1 large silver
Purple chicken got most fish and orange spoon the rainbows
Nothing on the big side for walleye but good eating size all of them
Finished with 2 man cooler full of walleye and 4 rainbows
Lots of short strikes and lost some rigth by the boat as well long distance release
1 crazy rainbow my son was in charge of bringing in decided to give us its acrobatics ability jumps than gives us the middle fin " my interpretation is middle finger " opened the heavy gauge clip to the dipsy and took the entire set up with it 😱😞😑🀬
I'm still in shock 😲 😳 as how the ..... it happened

Weather buoy still looking like it’s calm out front of Port Stanley
And forecasted winds are to lay down into the evening
So I’m just waiting on my brother in law to come over and we are heading for the port Stanley public boat ramp πŸ‘ 🎣 πŸŒ… πŸ«‚ 🚀 🐟 πŸ™Œ
I fished Stanley earlier......Walleyes (feeding ones anyway) are a bit higher in the water column than the bows. 20-30' down. Bows were 30-bottom today. Fished solo east of Stanley towards Bruce and stayed shallower than everyone else. There was a temp break from 72-67f at about 54' and seemed like slimmer pickings beyond that. Stayed inside in the temp break and limited on Eyes (lost atleast 10 πŸ˜‚) and landed 5 bows as well. Bigger eyes were shallower, 35-40'. Caught most fish from 35-48'20220715_180033.jpg

Josh

Great to meet you too @Ticker and your son! Your first few phone calls to us on the water seemed to trigger strikes😁. It’s too bad neither boat could get dialled in on a spot or approach that could catch β€˜em faster. The gentleman I talked to coming off the water had only 2 walleye and 1 bow and said he thought we did much better than most.

@Wave Runner didn't provide a @jammer-style 3 egg breakfast, but he had everything else covered and the end result was a heavy box of ice cold, bled-out fish. He even took mercy on me and kept 1 rainbow to clean for himself! Very much appreciated and enjoyed spending the day with you Robert!

@Josh Roelofsen , I think we covered a good chunk of shallower water too and were rewarded with only a few added sheephead. It seems to me that the mystery remains of just where are the big numbers of Glasgow walleye this year. @Ticker and @Wave Runner are both skilled at boating fish and had to work really hard yesterday at a port where, in most years, their programs have them done and off the water in 2 or 3 hours.

@Wave Runner didn't provide a @jammer-style 3 egg breakfast, but he had everything else covered and the end result was a heavy box of ice cold, bled-out fish. He even took mercy on me and kept 1 rainbow to clean for himself! Very much appreciated and enjoyed spending the day with you Robert!

@Josh Roelofsen , I think we covered a good chunk of shallower water too and were rewarded with only a few added sheephead. It seems to me that the mystery remains of just where are the big numbers of Glasgow walleye this year. @Ticker and @Wave Runner are both skilled at boating fish and had to work really hard yesterday at a port where, in most years, their programs have them done and off the water in 2 or 3 hours.
As long as we put some in the boat I'm always happy 😊 @stomp , yes its nice when the fish cooperate at a faster pace, but again when all rods are going and taking " non fishing persons "
out than at that point becomes hard sweating work πŸ˜…
Yesterday's yield

Attachments

• 20220716_090033.jpg
    20220716_090033.jpg
    445.9 KB · Views: 23
As long as we put some in the boat I'm always happy 😊 @stomp , yes its nice when the fish cooperate at a faster pace, but again when all rods are going and taking " non fishing persons "
out than at that point becomes hard sweating work πŸ˜…
Yesterday's yield
Agreed @Ticker, just nice to catch a few. That fish cleaning, now that’s the dirtiest work of the day . Did your son stick around to help?

Agreed @Ticker, just nice to catch a few. That fish cleaning, now that’s the dirtiest work of the day . Did your son stick around to help?
Lol πŸ˜† 🀣
No chance of that , and it's OK with me as I'm pretty picky the way I do it without waste
But I'm sure he will be licking he's lips at dinner time
I have to find a fishing partner with a boat so I can do what my partners are doing :
Sleep on the way and on way home , not have to clean the boat , not have to clean fish , no boat maintenance work ,
If anyone out there want a fishing partner with above description I'm here πŸ™„

@Wave Runner landed our best 'bow of the day... 6.5 lbs.... I tried to film the net job, but eventually had to put the camera down... it was a good fight but the fish hit the net. We didn't miss a 'bow yesterday, which is kinda unusual
View attachment 60504
You did amazing Bob considering you had your phone in one hand videoing with the net in the other hand netting a bow. Most people would probably lose both the phone and fish under those circumstances. 😁

You did amazing Bob considering you had your phone in one hand videoing with the net in the other hand netting a bow. Most people would probably lose both the phone and fish under those circumstances. 😁
I always have to remind myself to hold my phone down low while we are waiting for fish to bite! Usually the phone goes flying when a rod starts going off!

Lose a I-phone @Wave Runner ?? πŸ€” Who would do that!! πŸ€” LoL πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸ™‚
This apparatus has saved me from
losing another I-phone!! πŸ‘πŸ™‚ Especially while I am fishing out of my canoe/kayak hybrid for walleye’s on some inland lake’s,while Lake Erie is too rough to fish from out of my motorboat. πŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸ™‚

Attachments

• B97516C0-299E-46F4-A518-85106508EF28.jpeg
    B97516C0-299E-46F4-A518-85106508EF28.jpeg
    290.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 19610E21-E81B-49BB-BB56-194890C1E268.jpeg
    19610E21-E81B-49BB-BB56-194890C1E268.jpeg
    359 KB · Views: 9
  • 713EC48F-9F3E-469A-B8C3-DE617B054EF0.jpeg
    713EC48F-9F3E-469A-B8C3-DE617B054EF0.jpeg
    323.8 KB · Views: 10
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks