Antlers are Growing.

Better check my salt stumps again especially after all the rain we've been having. I haven't seen any racks yet just Does. Also saw a Doe with a really small Fawn... still had the white spots on him/her.

Better check my salt stumps again especially after all the rain we've been having. I haven't seen any racks yet just Does. Also saw a Doe with a really small Fawn... still had the white spots on him/her.
I seen a small doe the other day with the white spots. I guess they lose the spots as the get older?

Usually fawns lose their spots in 3 to 4 months after birth. The fawn I saw was pretty small so I would assume the Doe didn't get pregnant until late in the rut. Two years in a row I've had a Doe give birth by the pond near the orchard and both times it was in May. The pond is surrounded by enough bush to make for a good hiding place.

Definitely wasn't a rack on the deer that decided to meet my front bumper last night! Thankfully I was already slowing down for the first one that jumped out so there was very little damage

Back