Antlers are Growing.

Better check my salt stumps again especially after all the rain we've been having. I haven't seen any racks yet just Does. Also saw a Doe with a really small Fawn... still had the white spots on him/her.

Better check my salt stumps again especially after all the rain we've been having. I haven't seen any racks yet just Does. Also saw a Doe with a really small Fawn... still had the white spots on him/her.
I seen a small doe the other day with the white spots. I guess they lose the spots as the get older?

Usually fawns lose their spots in 3 to 4 months after birth. The fawn I saw was pretty small so I would assume the Doe didn't get pregnant until late in the rut. Two years in a row I've had a Doe give birth by the pond near the orchard and both times it was in May. The pond is surrounded by enough bush to make for a good hiding place.

Definitely wasn't a rack on the deer that decided to meet my front bumper last night! Thankfully I was already slowing down for the first one that jumped out so there was very little damage

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks