On the bay

Had a great day on the bay even though there was only some little ones caught , kids had a blast and thats all matters, you dont always hit the honey hole . it was a good day spent in the hut and playing outside on the ice . There is some deep drifts and some slushy spots covered in snow . Hopefully get out once more and still thinking about just getting a pop up and a auger to play a bit mote on the hard water . Be safe out there tight lines 👍

@Bay_Fishing thanks for your report!
I was a little worried about only being over 3ft of water but I just need to get out there and if all I catch is a dink then whatever just need to scratch that itch
I’ve been putting thought into a tent and auger just hard to justify the $1000 for only a couple ice fishing trips a year if that!
but maybe if I owned the stuff I would go more often!

@Derkd9 fully agree its spending that $$$ and then hopefully there's ice and you get out . When i was younger (haha im not that old ) and had a sled and played a lot on Scugog it wasn't even a question build a hut use all winter then sell it in the spring and never used a auger only a chainsaw for a rectangle hole not 6 circles in the floor . but its just finding the right setup for your needs and committing to it i guess i might just need do it .

Had a great day on the bay even though there was only some little ones caught , kids had a blast and thats all matters, you dont always hit the honey hole . it was a good day spent in the hut and playing outside on the ice . There is some deep drifts and some slushy spots covered in snow . Hopefully get out once more and still thinking about just getting a pop up and a auger to play a bit mote on the hard water . Be safe out there tight lines 👍
A great attitude @Bay_Fishing about your slow day of ice fishing from yesterday. 👍 It’s not always about the “catching” and especially in your case,it was time well
spent with your family & just plainly being outdoors. Good luck & tight lines if you do get another chance to get back out there for some more ice fishing. 🎣🐟👍😎

Thanks @Red Hering . It was a good day spent outdoors and even better when you children start trying to plan your next fly in fishing trip in northern ontario cause they want to go back but there not sure if it should be a outpost again or full lodge plan at Kesagami wilderness lodge 😳 talk about spoiled eh don't have to ask them twice to fly out for a week .

Thanks @Red Hering . It was a good day spent outdoors and even better when you children start trying to plan your next fly in fishing trip in northern ontario cause they want to go back but there not sure if it should be a outpost again or full lodge plan at Kesagami wilderness lodge 😳 talk about spoiled eh don't have to ask them twice to fly out for a week .
@Bay_Fishing yes!! spoiled for sure,but a “good” spoiled!! 👍👍 lol 🤣🤣😉 A fly-in fishing trip
is something my wife & I always wanted to do,and maybe sometime this year we will,once the travel restrictions,(due to the pandemic),are hopefully lifted to be able to do that. ✈️🎣🐟👍🙂

@Red Fisher i have only flew out with cochrane air service to outpost camps , we have stayed in the old rustic shacks and brand new log cabins. Most have 14 foot tin boats and 9.9s. And square back canoes that i prefer use lol as there more fun with a 9.9 on them jumping beaver dams to get to back lake . fishing is always great lots of pike walleye and sometime get onto the perch up there. They have always treated me fantastic.
20180805_105358_HDR.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks