Recent content by Lpgar

1. L

Fishing Report Perch - LP Inner Bay - Tuesday, April 16th

Biologically speaking it makes no difference when a fish removed from the population from the date of last spawn until its next spawning cycle. Sanctuaries ect only work if they protect a highly vulnerable species at spawning time (eg nest builders like smallmouth bass). So...take them when...
  2. L

Cabo san lucas fishing Nov. 23

Mick Having fished Cabo for the past 30 years I have seen it all. Bait is never included even on high end charters. Some will fish for it but fun you really want to waste a valuable hour or fishing or travel time? Never book through a dockside agent (coyote) SURE way of losing your money or...
  3. L

For Sale White Ash Punt Paddles

Btt
  4. L

For Sale White Ash Punt Paddles

Hand Made from clear White Ash Punt Paddles custom lengths to 12 ft. A necessity in the marsh for all serious waterfowlers or as a wall hanger keep sake. The perfect Christmas gift for that hard to buy for hunter that has everything. Located in Long Point $200 519 403 8032 lpgar59@gmail.com
  5. L

bucket list fishing trips coming up..and what about 2023?

Fished Cabo many times over 25 yrs. Best day out was a 13 marlin in 4hrs at Golden Gate. If the bait balls are there it can be incredible. Have fun. Look up Grant Hartman of Baja Anglers. You will not be disappointed
  6. L

Wanted bankes Longpoint skiff

Just as a suggestion. Why not contact Ron Bankes and buy the molds and make some yourself? Not a complicated boat to build. Sad to see the Bankes boat tradition end.
  7. L

Thames river Walleye research over the years

The Thames River Anglers Association worked very close with the MNR on the walleye transfer for several years in the 80s. The fish came from the down stream tagging site in those years and were tagged as part of the project. The TRAA also ran a bell has walleye hatchery for a few years ...
  8. L

Thames river Walleye research over the years

Red Herrings coffee thread has alot of great information on the history and time lines of Thames river walleye and it's research. I felt it should be enjoyed on its own thread. I was part of the early tagging studies in 1982. We ran an upstream station to catch....sample and tagg walleye...
  9. L

Enjoying my morning coffee ☕️ out at Fanshawe Lake & Dam. March 8,2022. 😉👍😎

Wow.....Stackman just brought up a wonderful memory for me. I was part of a 4 man team that put that jaw tagg in his walleye 37 years ago. The Delaware tagging sight was a one year experiment to compliment the lower Thames study at Jeanette creek. Funding was pulled the next year. We only...
  10. L

What are your top 3 favourite fish to target?

Yellowfin Tuna Roosterfish Smallmouth Bass
  11. L

Off Topic What is your ideal boat for Lake Erie?

Love my Scout Abaco 242.....Will never have another non hard top boat.
  12. L

Pike action!!

Looks like a Bankes 21
  13. L

Off Topic Anybody purchase self propelled lawnmowers ?

Honda HRX. Hydrostatic drive. No other way to cut a lawn
  14. L

Off Topic Never would have thought

Had it happen on Long Point Bay some years ago on a 19ft Sylvan we owned. Thank God for the kicker
  15. L

Off Topic Normandale access up for sale.

This is a classic pissing match between the Province and Norfolk CO. Norfolk wants to control all the beaches.....Long Point, Turkey Point,Dover...ect. I pitty anyone who would put on offer on their very distinctive property. There would be no way Norfolk would give a building permit for it...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks