Recent content by duckduckgoose

1. D

still no birds...and still no ducks dec 15/12

It's not always fun to side with buddy boy because of the herpes thing, and I'll stand to be corrected if I'm wrong, but I think that the opposition to a swan hunt is almost completely social (having little to do with biology).
  2. D

Opening Morning Problems

LOL... You really do beg the question: If you admit that you had 5 signs out and only 3 boats show up, why are you so angry that someone used one of "your" EXTRA spots? You'd think that an "ethical hunter" might say something like "hey, we had a couple of boats that had to back out, I'm glad...
  3. D

Opening Morning Problems

Perfect. You're sustaining members; if you need the organized feeling go to the organized Unit - you won't even need to slap down your $17.
  4. D

Opening Morning Problems

I'll support lp80's post. If anything, thinking you can put up a sign to reserve a spot is a "me now" thing. Just because I don't pound a stake into a marsh, doesn't mean I haven't scouted the area. I never have any intention of ever pounding a stake anywhere, but I've scouted and hunted the...
  5. D

Opening Morning Problems

This whole sign thing is pretty specific to Long Point and maybe a few other big wetland complexes. I know about it, but I can see how others have probably never heard of this quaint little custom. If I showed up to hunt the opener nice and early from out of the area, how would I know what the...
  6. D

Heritage Hunt - September 15, 2012

Is the Heritage hunt replacing the regular youth hunt or are is the Association having both?
  7. D

Hahn Unit

LOL... No. And you'd have to bring a few truck loads to attempt to compete with Lee Brown, anyway...
  8. D

Hastings

When I look at the property information for Hastings Drive, I would estimate that between 1/3 and 1/2 half of the area on the lake side of the road is owned by Norfolk County. As well, I have noticed in the past that people often take it upon themselves to add structures or signs to County...
  9. D

Long Point Old Boys Club -Secrets Revealled!

I agree with you Single Malt, and you are one of the best on the Board in my opinion. I am always willing to work with the LPWA because I think it is a great option in conjunction with the other opportunities at the Bay. Lately, the LPWA has been changing more positively, with a few hiccups...
  10. D

Good points, Single Malt (but of course anyone only needs a few well-connected friends to change things up, even within provincially-owned lands ;) ). I understand that the LPWA only makes recommendations to the province; I also understand that there are likely "strata" of the OBC, with some...
  11. D

It could be convincingly argued that the entire LPWA is an OBC. It requires dues and membership. If you are not part of this club, you don't get a say on the management of a public resource. If someone doesn't like the flavour of the LPWA, they don't become members, and they don't get a vote...
  12. D

Geese Oct 14/11

quote: Originally posted by duckman No the guys still have permission and was granted permission when owner ship changed a cooperation owns it My hat's off to any corporation that allows hunting on their lands; and my hat's off to any landowner that allows multiple hunters to use their...
  13. D

haun marsh?

There were some spots that you might be able to put out a couple decoys and there were a few moulting woodies in it. I think that right now even the draft of a canoe would be too deep in a lot of spots, and a jon boat would be too wide for just about everywhere. I've learned that huntable...
  14. D

haun marsh?

I kayaked it a few weeks ago; I don't think you can run a canoe through there. In a lot of places I was just pulling myself in the kayak over the weeds.
  15. D

Port Glasgow August 15th

Try tossing the phone in a container with rice for a while and see what happens. The rice has a cool way of sucking all the water out and making broken things functional again! (anyway, it might be worth a shot!)
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks