haun marsh?

Dicker

just wandering if the haun is back in business this year?
I was there last weekend but couldn't see any difference from last year
I am thinking of going for a canoe ride through there if at all possible,looks like I'll have to take the new channel?
any input?

When times are tough,
and flocks are small,
take your time,
and kill 'em all!

I kayaked it a few weeks ago; I don't think you can run a canoe through there. In a lot of places I was just pulling myself in the kayak over the weeds.

Thanks for the update duckduckgoose!
I hope the rain will come in time and fill up all the marshes around, i'd really like to go in the haun and check out the layout prior to the season, I guess only time will tell
Do you know if it is huntable this year?

When times are tough,
and flocks are small,
take your time,
and kill 'em all!

There were some spots that you might be able to put out a couple decoys and there were a few moulting woodies in it. I think that right now even the draft of a canoe would be too deep in a lot of spots, and a jon boat would be too wide for just about everywhere. I've learned that huntable means different things for different people, but you probably you'd probably have best luck if you're an olympic athlete and carry your stuff in to hunt it. (ie. you likely won't catch me trying to hunt it this year- especially since it's only open to noon)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks