Hastings

B

Big Dave

Just a heads up. There is an abundance of no trespassing signs and chains going up on properties down there.

People are taking exception to not being able to get down their own road due to parked trucks and trailers on both sides.

Unless you have permission on private property you will be hard pressed to launch there now.

BD

Big Daves Fishing Charter
519 777 0146

I still can't understand how people own these properties some are definitely part of the lake bed and to claim to own it is wrong but that's a different story no one should ne able to own a water way unless they build it . If its natural it should be public

boatnonumbers.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods, The Rod Glove,X-zone Lures, IMA Lures and Numa Optics for their support

When I look at the property information for Hastings Drive, I would estimate that between 1/3 and 1/2 half of the area on the lake side of the road is owned by Norfolk County. As well, I have noticed in the past that people often take it upon themselves to add structures or signs to County lands to restrict access. If you want to make sure that you are on your property or on County property, Service Ontario provides a title search service that should help you with your access and use concerns.

I agree a number of them are Norfolk owned. I dont know which ones and without a survey it would be hard to tell. I know a few years ago someome posted a lot that wasnt actually theirs and there was quite a row over it as the real owner had a survey done.

I am sure that any that have access that is maintained are owned privately.

I own none:)

I only wanted to let everyone know the signs are going up down there.

BD

Big Daves Fishing Charter
519 777 0146

quote:
Originally posted by duckduckgoose

When I look at the property information for Hastings Drive, I would estimate that between 1/3 and 1/2 half of the area on the lake side of the road is owned by Norfolk County. As well, I have noticed in the past that people often take it upon themselves to add structures or signs to County lands to restrict access. If you want to make sure that you are on your property or on County property, Service Ontario provides a title search service that should help you with your access and use concerns.

Anyone blocking access to public land to prevent people from fishing is breaking the fish and game act and can and should be charged

boatnonumbers.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods, The Rod Glove,X-zone Lures, IMA Lures and Numa Optics for their support

I have friends who own a vacant beachfront lot on Hastings.
They originally had a cottage on it but moved it inland on the point after a winter storm destroyed some of their neighbors cottage's & damaged theirs.
So yes at least some of the vacant beachfront properties are private.

I watched the OPP talk to people on 2 different "private lots" signs every, tents set up fires going and no one was ticketed or told to leave this was last night. I suspect a lot of these private lots and " private beaches" are not private, as far as I know there are only a very few private beaches in Ontario and none of them are on Lake Erie, I am going to look further into this. I think some signs and garbage cans would do a lot better than laying false claim to land you do not own .

boatnonumbers.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks