Lots of salmon??

jammer

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I'm hearing of lots of coho's and some kings being caught on both sides of the point... Post your pics and get a good angle that shows the tail... ;) I'm hearing they are coming in from Huron like last season...

Definitely lots of wanderers.....not likely to change anytime soon with the numbers Michigan is stocking. I've seen plenty of Cohos in pics, most guys just assume theyre bows. Haven't seen any Chinnys tho I'm sure theres a few being caught

Josh

Definitely lots of wanderers.....not likely to change anytime soon with the numbers Michigan is stocking. I've seen plenty of Cohos in pics, most guys just assume theyre bows. Haven't seen any Chinnys tho I'm sure theres a few being caught

Josh
We caught a pile of cohos last year and 2 kings out deep... I talk to alot of charters and anglers across the border on Erie and from Lake Huron as well... Our hypothesis is that they come from Huron...

I can see that from the scale loss for sure…. But we had both rainbow and kings shed scales like that. The mouth tells the tail.

We caught a pile of cohos last year and 2 kings out deep... I talk to alot of charters and anglers across the border on Erie and from Lake Huron as well... Our hypothesis is that they come from Huron...
Michigan fish without a doubt.....they love to cruise the St Clair River during the cooler months and drop right on through into Erie. Although there are small self sustaining populations of wild Coho on Erie's north shore they don't nearly account for the numbers I've seen since Michigan resumed planting them.

Josh

Is this forked?!!!
I don't like to go by tail shape for the fact that all juvenile Salmonids have a forked tail 😉 But yes, thats a Coho tail without a doubt! Spotting pattern is the best way to differentiate between bow and ho. Bows always have radiating rows of small spots across the entire tail. Coho have larger spots and tail coverage can vary quite a bit...

Josh

All brown trout …. Or coho? Tuesday was tough.

9 in the box. Name the fishes. 21 let go or lost. 46 pounds of meat after filets. Name the fish.

Attachments

• FF28E7DA-931F-431E-BC63-CE68A760EFD1.jpeg
    FF28E7DA-931F-431E-BC63-CE68A760EFD1.jpeg
    304.3 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Back