Fishing Report 1st fishers out this AM

Larry Lloyd

There are 3 or 4 people walking on the ice out of St. Williams now (9:50 AM). They drilled holes and fished a few hundred yards out. They are moving out farther and ,seemingly, with confidence. The Bay froze all at once and ,I think, that it should be more uniform than in other years , time will tell. I'll talk to Lake Erie Bait today to make sure they have minnows.

With night time temps hitting -22 this weekend should only get better. The only bad news is Accuweather is forecasting 25-30 cm of snow Friday night into late Saturday for the St. Williams area.

LL: What is the story on Daryl re spring minnows, do you know if he sold out ? THX

With night time temps hitting -22 this weekend should only get better. The only bad news is Accuweather is forecasting 25-30 cm of snow Friday night into late Saturday for the St. Williams area.
I have everything else for ice fishing on standby933C5729-FB45-423B-A30F-28163F537983.jpeg0BAC26E9-4DB9-48A6-BC96-349AB891D834.jpeg (photo’s),@Wave Runner,except for snowshoes which I should buy,if the accuweather is right about the 25-30 cm of snow o_O Friday night into late saturday for the St.Williams area.That is a lot of snow to be walking around on!! o_O(y):cool:

:cool: @red Hering… Hey that's a great set up my friend sure looks like your all ready to hit the ice. But just trying to figure out if we can both get in that Shappell portable ice hut... any ideas? We shouldn't have any problem keeping warm eh??? ;):unsure::giggle:

:cool: @red Hering… Hey that's a great set up my friend sure looks like your all ready to hit the ice. But just trying to figure out if we can both get in that Shappell portable ice hut... any ideas? We shouldn't have any problem keeping warm eh??? ;):unsure::giggle:
LOL:ROFLMAO: @Wave Runner!! That Shappell is definitely too small for the both of us,especially now that I have put on about 20 lbs.,no thanks to the christmas holiday festivities!! I did look at some larger portable ice huts a few weeks ago at Angling Outfitters,and as of now,I like the Otter ice hut the most,(photo’s),that they had on display.Because I do like to move around a lot,(run & gun) on the ice,I don’t want to go too big with a portable ice hut.For now it is time for me to put in my usual 3 to 5 kilometres walks on the ice of long point bay with my Shappell soon,likely in the 1AF5B970-72D2-48BE-91B1-3A57AACF723E.jpeg79929A4E-0A97-4022-972F-2E455BA4192C.jpeg85B3A786-BAB5-4ED3-AC73-421C5D40A6F4.jpegmiddle of next week.Tight lines & perch & pike ON!! (y):cool:

@Red Hering . That Otter looks very good, is it insulated. What would it weigh ? Can Wave Runner ride in it with YOU pulling him, would come down to the bay to see it being done. Good fishing.
Yes @Red Fisher,the Otter is insulated.I don’t know how much it weighs,but with @Wave Runner inside it,and me pulling it,it would definitely weigh likely a lot more!! I hope that @Wave Runner doesn’t see this reply.:D:sneaky: Hopefully,the fishing will be good once I get out onto long point bay sometime soon. (y):cool:

Packed up and ready go for Tommrow evening. Will put out a report if any luck.
Good luck @Matt245 Myself and likely others will be looking forward to your post if you did have any luck.A report if you don’t mind on the ice thickness on the inner bay,would be very much appreciated,and thanks in advance.I will still wait till next week to go out ice fishing,and I will just follow the tracks out from shore,from the excessive amount of snow that is being forecasted for this coming weekend,around long point bay.Be safe,& tight lines to you and others,& Fish ON!! (y):cool:

@red Hering… Hey Erich the 25-30 cm of snow they're calling for should not be a problem as that's less than 1 1/2 inches. ;):)
With the winds forecasted of course there will be some drifting in places.

Good luck @Matt245 Myself and likely others will be looking forward to your post if you did have any luck.A report if you don’t mind on the ice thickness on the inner bay,would be very much appreciated,and thanks in advance.I will still wait till next week to go out ice fishing,and I will just follow the tracks out from shore,from the excessive amount of snow that is being forecasted for this coming weekend,around long point bay.Be safe,& tight lines to you and others,& Fish ON!! (y):cool:
Will do. Although I think I am going to Try Wildwood or Morrison dam before I head out onto the bay. The bay will be frozen for sure by the end of next week.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks