Thames River Walleye’s ON!!

Guy's, keep this a secret? any place the river makes a significant turn, there is a deeper hole on the opposing side. Migrating fish group there to feed and avoid current. Google map,s will give you these and parking possibility.

Hence the reason the majority of fishing forums have strict rules against posting specific spots to fish and park. The result is often a dramatic increase in fishing pressure, increased litter, and sometimes access/parking closures due to this increase in activity and irresponsible people who typically follow. I know you guys mean well with helping others, but keep in mind there are usually more lurkers than active members viewing these types of threads specifically lurking forums in search of easy pickings without having to do the legwork themselves.

Many good fishing spots have been ruined because of this....
fishing the thames river,you can go from delaware all the way to the lake.so many spots..when the river was closed from march 15 to april 15 id fish delaware,then april 15th on just fish them all the way back..many days seeing very few people after the 15th of april.and always remember the majority of the fish stay around chatham area and below.just a smaller amount come as far as delaware..now that the season is mar 15 till may 15...there long gone by late april in delaware.

Guy's, keep this a secret? any place the river makes a significant turn, there is a deeper hole on the opposing side. Migrating fish group there to feed and avoid current. Google map,s will give you these and parking possibility.
very true.i like bends in rivers as well.also before and after rapids can be great.

Very well said @Wave Runner & Thanks!! You are & always will be one of my Favourite Fishing partner of mine!! Thanks for Sharing your great Knowledge and “Hot Spots” to me a few times!! Us and SOME of the other Members on this site,speak the same language!! I am glad that I also didn’t mention some of the Lake Erie & Lake Huron River’s “Hot Spot’s” for Steelhead Fishing from late last Fall/Winter,2017 from some of my previous post!! This Forum would of really LID UP!! LOL Mmmm,?Maybe I will post later,once the Trout Season is Open,or earlier.LOL Tight Lines to All,& the Walleye Fishing is still Hot!!,anywhere on the Thames River. ????

Attachments

• E658EDA2-549B-44E6-91D9-F32E3266B1CA.jpeg
    E658EDA2-549B-44E6-91D9-F32E3266B1CA.jpeg
    138.8 KB · Views: 46
  • CE4EEE5F-2E03-49BD-9551-F639EF84BC19.jpeg
    CE4EEE5F-2E03-49BD-9551-F639EF84BC19.jpeg
    301.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 8B56BE30-5CF2-4BAC-91E1-AB4D7EE804BE.jpeg
    8B56BE30-5CF2-4BAC-91E1-AB4D7EE804BE.jpeg
    177.6 KB · Views: 44
Gentlemen, (and any ladies who may be reading) are we going to start that stupid argument again so early in the year. (My spot and I'm not sharing and nobody else should give out such info either) I have said it many times since I joined this forum, just because someone shares a location, depth, bait, and technique with others does NOT guarantee those they have shared with will have success in the same location, at the same depth, with the same bait, using the same technique. Using myself as the example. I KNOW many spots along the Thames for walleye, partially because of my own searching, but more so because others have shared with me, and in all the years I have fished that damn river, both before I moved out west, and then after I returned to the area 9+ years ago, despite knowing all these spots, that river hates me. I have been with someone at the spot he told me about, and while he caught his limit that day, I got skunked, using the same bait and the same technique. (I can say the same thing about Lake Trout fishing in the NWT. Same place, same bait, same technique. 5 Straight days I got skunked while the other 4 with me caught their limits. On the 6th day however, I got my limit and they all got skunked. THAT'S FISHING.) When it comes to fishing the Thames, I have caught a total of 5 walleye out of that damn river in my life. I have had better luck at the lake. So enough already with the "my spot, don't share spots" BS. GROW UP. The bottom line is this, none of us on this forum own the Thames River, or any of the Great Lakes. The fish are in the water, you know, that wet stuff we throw the bait into. That's where they live. IF they are where you put your bait, and they are hungry or enticed to hit it, they will......if they aren't, they won't, and no amount of sharing of information will change that basic fact of fishing.
WOW!! & Thanks & Very well said @Trevor M !! I personally didn’t think ? that Helping out a fellow member on this Forum & posting about my location & my success that I am having Walleye Fishing right now on the Thames River would ever end up like this!! ? LOL Knowing that the Walleye Fishing is Fantastic right now in my area,(is it safe to say Delaware?? ?),that I am heading Today to the Bothwell area ?instead,to Fish for Walleye’s there, before the Walleye Season closes soon.There are Tons of Walleye’s in the Thames River right now,& a change of River structure is a Challenge that I look forward to.All the Best to everyone Fishing for Walleye’s on the Thames River.????

Attachments

• AEC93027-421C-42B1-98D5-ECB9012B55F9.jpeg
    AEC93027-421C-42B1-98D5-ECB9012B55F9.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 50
Red Hering...I met you ice fishing a few years ago, we had a good conversation. Just wanted to say all your caps in your posts make them hard to read.

Very well said @Wave Runner & Thanks!! You are & always will be one of my Favourite Fishing partner of mine!! Thanks for Sharing your great Knowledge and “Hot Spots” to me a few times!! Us and SOME of the other Members on this site,speak the same language!! I am glad that I also didn’t mention some of the Lake Erie & Lake Huron River’s “Hot Spot’s” for Steelhead Fishing from late last Fall/Winter,2017 from some of my previous post!! This Forum would of really LID UP!! LOL Mmmm,?Maybe I will post later,once the Trout Season is Open,or earlier.LOL Tight Lines to All,& the Walleye Fishing is still Hot!!,anywhere on the Thames River. ????
One thing to share walleye spots it's another to share the trout ones. On a lighter note first fish of 2018 open water it this little fella20180303_123324.jpg

WOW!! & Thanks & Very well said @Trevor M !! I personally didn’t think ? that Helping out a fellow member on this Forum & posting about my location & my success that I am having Walleye Fishing right now on the Thames River would ever end up like this!! ? LOL Knowing that the Walleye Fishing is Fantastic right now in my area,(is it safe to say Delaware?? ?),that I am heading Today to the Bothwell area ?instead,to Fish for Walleye’s there, before the Walleye Season closes soon.There are Tons of Walleye’s in the Thames River right now,& a change of River structure is a Challenge that I look forward to.All the Best to everyone Fishing for Walleye’s on the Thames River.????

It shouldn't have Red. I thought that's what sites and forums such as this were made for. Sharing of information. Sharing a successful outing, and sharing when you get skunked. It's not always about what you catch. It's about just getting out of the house and enjoying nature. I get it there are those out there who refuse to share information, and that's fine, if they don't want to share what they know, they aren't required to do so, and that choice they have made is accepted. However, there are also those who will share what they know, and those who refuse to do so, don't accept that choice. They think it's wrong, and when they voice that, many times they come across as if they owned the rivers and the lakes and all the fish they hold. They don't, and when we're talking about Lake Erie, almost every time they voice their displeasure about someone asking for or giving out information such as a location, that location is already very well known. (Ec 10. Hastings. Nanticoke. Clear Creek. Sandhills. The Three Trees. The Pumping Station east of Pt Stanley, and I could go on.) Sharing information does not guarantee the person you shared with will catch anything. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know where the fish are, (they're in the water and if they're hungry or enticed, they'll hit your bait, if not they won't) when most times you can see the group of boats from shore. If you're in a boat, 9 out of 10 times, you're going to head for that group of boats because that is probably where the fish are, and in all likelihood depending on where you launched from, you're heading to one of the spots I have mentioned because that is where you were heading to begin with, having had success there before. Those spots are no big secret. If the fish aren't there, one of two things has happened, they moved, or they are there but aren't actively feeding.

When it comes to the River. Like I said, I know all kinds of spots, the river just hates me. LOL. I can't count how many times I've been watching others all around me catch fish using the same baits and techniques I have been but I get skunked. That's fishing tho. I won't be getting out to the river this year before the season closes next week, which sucks, but then again, given that the river hates me, it's probably for the best that I just stay home this year and recuperate from this damn cold/flu that's been kickin my ass.

Gentlemen, (and any ladies who may be reading) are we going to start that stupid argument again so early in the year. (My spot and I'm not sharing and nobody else should give out such info either) I have said it many times since I joined this forum, just because someone shares a location, depth, bait, and technique with others does NOT guarantee those they have shared with will have success in the same location, at the same depth, with the same bait, using the same technique. Using myself as the example. I KNOW many spots along the Thames for walleye, partially because of my own searching, but more so because others have shared with me, and in all the years I have fished that damn river, both before I moved out west, and then after I returned to the area 9+ years ago, despite knowing all these spots, that river hates me. I have been with someone at the spot he told me about, and while he caught his limit that day, I got skunked, using the same bait and the same technique. (I can say the same thing about Lake Trout fishing in the NWT. Same place, same bait, same technique. 5 Straight days I got skunked while the other 4 with me caught their limits. On the 6th day however, I got my limit and they all got skunked. THAT'S FISHING.) When it comes to fishing the Thames, I have caught a total of 5 walleye out of that damn river in my life. I have had better luck at the lake. So enough already with the "my spot, don't share spots" BS. GROW UP. The bottom line is this, none of us on this forum own the Thames River, or any of the Great Lakes. The fish are in the water, you know, that wet stuff we throw the bait into. That's where they live. IF they are where you put your bait, and they are hungry or enticed to hit it, they will......if they aren't, they won't, and no amount of sharing of information will change that basic fact of fishing.

Well Trevor M I like fishing partners who can't catch fish , always need some one to take pictures too so you can be my new fishing "but not catching " partner lol
All joking a side well spoken, if you wish not to share that's fine but no need to bash the one's who do

Well Trevor M I like fishing partners who can't catch fish , always need some one to take pictures too so you can be my new fishing "but not catching " partner lol
All joking a side well spoken, if you wish not to share that's fine but no need to bash the one's who do

LOL, I catch when I go to the Lake 90% of the time. It's only when I go to the river that I have no luck, and I agree, if someone doesn't want to share that's fine, but there is no need to be ignorant about it, and there is no need to disparage those who do. If you don't want to share, it's a pretty simple thing really, just don't respond to those who have asked for information, there are enough out there who will that the negative input of those who won't isn't needed or required.

I find it funny the guys that bitch about sharing locations are on this forum for what reason? If you don’t want to share that’s fine but really why are you here? Fishing forums to me are for sharing. If your not interested in sharing why be on here, keep to yourself and stay off the site you’ll be much happier. You’ll never see any of us because we’ll never find your serect hotspots??. As for myself I always share my spots. I leave a great big X on the good spots and hope it doesn’t float away so I can find it next time or at least the fish take it with them when the move. Light up guys life is much to short!!!! Here’s one of my favourite stops. See the X marking it

Attachments

• 7142E11D-FC31-4E4C-8945-250B34DFCFA7.jpeg
    7142E11D-FC31-4E4C-8945-250B34DFCFA7.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 29
I find it funny the guys that bitch about sharing locations are on this forum for what reason? If you don’t want to share that’s fine but really why are you here? Fishing forums to me are for sharing. If your not interested in sharing why be on here, keep to yourself and stay off the site you’ll be much happier. You’ll never see any of us because we’ll never find your serect hotspots??. As for myself I always share my spots. I leave a great big X on the good spots and hope it doesn’t float away so I can find it next time or at least the fish take it with them when the move. Light up guys life is much to short!!!! Here’s one of my favourite stops. See the X marking it
LOL @jeweller!! Yes,I can see the X marking one of your favourite stops. ??? LOL!! Once I get some time,I will delete these negative members from my site,so that they will not see any of my posts again!! I now know who they are from their negative comments.More Fishing posts & spot’s coming up later of my very recent day’s on the Thames River.Tight Lines to All & Walleye’s ON!! ????

Could agree with you more jeweller, Fishing forums are for sharing knowledge. As a novice fisherman myself to Lake Erie I appreciate all the knowledge, not only does it help having more sucessful fishing experiences it keeps me safe on the water. I never understood wind and wave forecasts till I joined this page and everyone was more than help full. So thanks to everyone!

Back