Off Topic Yeah so I am an Idiot

I keep a floating waterproof rechargeable dual beam flashlight
Gets charged nigth before going fishing every time . Aldo got battery operated ones
I always thought it had to be floating ones ?

Simple answer..power trip and tryimg to prove a point. My friends were not even objecting or giving them a hard time. Guess they could have offers to dump water on the phone either or I guess... still time to update the law ...
Let me fix this discussion, don't dump water on your phone, that's dumb? If your out on Erie, or any lake, have a working floating light. There, that wasn't so hard was it?

I guess it depends on the CO. I was checked a few of years ago and of course the batteries that worked a couple of weeks prior were now dead. The CO must have taken pity on my grey beard because he did not write me a ticket thankfully. Now I have spare batteries with me and also a spare flashlight.
Yeah sure does.... this was bass opener so iam sure their patience wasnt there

FYI most phones from about the last 4 years forward are water proof. I know some of you “gentlemen of wisdom” still use flip phones that’s cool too they’re probably most likely not.

sorry my phone doesn't do what your's doe's, but my flash light has new batt's, shines bright, good for another season, cost under $10 bucks?

And Duh !!!! Everyone knows the first thing they (CO's or other LEO's) check is your flashlight as part of your boat safety stuff !
Learned long ago, standard flashlight, take one of the batteries out and put it in backwards for storage. Put it back the right way when needed, no surprises, your light works. This is my only comment, too much “drama”!

@duckman, I must have got it wrong I thought for a second you were saying I was poaching bass. Cause I would be out there poaching and then get caught at it and then tell the world. That’s pretty clever of me. But I must be mistaken that you would say that since you know me so well.
Is this the first time fishing long point if it is then I agree guy should have given you a break if you fish here all the time u should know closely where boundaries are

FYI most phones from about the last 4 years forward are water proof. I know some of you “gentlemen of wisdom” still use flip phones that’s cool too they’re probably most likely not.
Hard to find someone who would willing
put their $ 800 I phone in the water!!! I can also tell you these do NOT float !!!

I can see that I may not be the only one who hasn't gotten laid in a while.

Regs are for you and your crews own safety ladies and gentlemen. I fish my boat in the middle of no where with 5% chance of help if the day goes bad fast. To me all the safety equipment needs to be there and working if the need arises.

Other options to have flare gun
I have that as well

Attachments

• 20200520_204627.jpg
    20200520_204627.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 9
Mmmmmmmmmm ? I don't recall Daddy's Little Helpers being part of the safety equipment required but a good sandwich bag works for protecting cell phones.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks