Sticker

That was the original challenge for me to A: find retailers close to 6-8 members and B: willing to sell them at cost, not making a cent. I figured the decal bandwagon ran it's course leaving us with a stack of beer coasters.... Apparently not eh @stomp
just took a minute to catch on... now everyone and their Grandmas want them on their wagon

Oh... the stickers... now I get the litter reference...
Lmao the litter are members such as myself on stomps long point page but majority of my fishing reports are from Port Stanley..
it was another terrible joke brought to you by yours truly the one the only @Derkd9

Hey @Derkd9 , back in '97 when I started up 6-8, I had a boat and it was docked at Booth's Harbour in the St. Williams Triangle. Also the Large Pot-Bellied Angler's Association (LPBAA) was paying for the web site hosting, so the Long Point focus made a lot of sense . But things change: the LPBAA went their separate way, I got rid of my boat, and I started fishing with others kind enough to put up with me for a few hours. Plus, the walleye bonanza returned and, I think, made other ports a lot more appealling to a greater number of anglers. So to reflect where and how I was fishing, and to appeal to, and stay relevant for a broader audience, the content on 6-8 changed too. However, it's late in the game to try to change the branding, the URL, etc., and Long Point is still a pretty awesome fishing hole to which, I think, most can relate.

Hey @Derkd9 , back in '97 when I started up 6-8, I had a boat and it was docked at Booth's Harbour in the St. Williams Triangle. Also the Large Pot-Bellied Angler's Association (LPBAA) was paying for the web site hosting, so the Long Point focus made a lot of sense . But things change: the LPBAA went their separate way, I got rid of my boat, and I started fishing with others kind enough to put up with me for a few hours. Plus, the walleye bonanza returned and, I think, made other ports a lot more appealling to a greater number of anglers. So to reflect where and how I was fishing, and to appeal to, and stay relevant for a broader audience, the content on 6-8 changed too. However, it's late in the game to try to change the branding, the URL, etc., and Long Point is still a pretty awesome fishing hole to which, I think, most can relate.
I agree! Great story tho, glad Iโ€™m apart of this great group of anglers!
Long Point is a very special place
I wouldnโ€™t suggest changing the name either ๐Ÿ‘

I remember those days well back when 6-8 first started and @stomp had a boat . :cool::X3::woot:๐Ÿ˜ตโ€๐Ÿ’ซ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ƒ๐Ÿ‘๏ธ๐Ÿชฑ๐Ÿฆ–๐ŸŒน๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿฅช๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿช๐Ÿˆ๐ŸŽฃ๐Ÿšฃโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐ŸŽณ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ณ

Yah we need some before ice fishing season begins
As long as the toqueโ€™s have this logo E8AE5FCF-AFF6-4925-9C6D-7BBC11A53460.jpeg ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜— on them as well @Derkd9 for the upcoming ice fishing season!! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ™‚

Attachments

• 47493993-0D83-40B1-B104-63F8EC83A239.jpeg
    47493993-0D83-40B1-B104-63F8EC83A239.jpeg
    189.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 7B870735-EEA2-46CB-9608-D57EB70073C7.jpeg
    7B870735-EEA2-46CB-9608-D57EB70073C7.jpeg
    252.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 8F807AAD-CD9E-4FB5-8555-08269AAB6E6F.jpeg
    8F807AAD-CD9E-4FB5-8555-08269AAB6E6F.jpeg
    224.5 KB · Views: 4
As long as the toqueโ€™s have this logo View attachment 65405 ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜— on them as well @Derkd9 for the upcoming ice fishing season!! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ™‚
@Tyler0420 that wasnโ€™t very nice!! ๐Ÿ˜ณ ( ๐Ÿคฎ ๐Ÿ‘Ž ๐Ÿฅบ ),
lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ I guess our kayak fishing trip together will not ever happen now,on long point bay,etc.!! You have got to be โ€œTrue REDโ€ like our ๐Ÿฉธ blood!!). ๐Ÿ˜Œ lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

Attachments

• 22DB1AEA-D404-4100-8FF7-B953C68F0678.jpeg
    22DB1AEA-D404-4100-8FF7-B953C68F0678.jpeg
    172.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 5F41FEB9-EC5F-49A2-BDC2-595170CBCD7D.jpeg
    5F41FEB9-EC5F-49A2-BDC2-595170CBCD7D.jpeg
    186.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Really Stomp ? 1997 ? Where has the time gone ? LoL ! This site may have started about fishing at Long Point Bay but has become the "go to" site for anybody seeking info about Long Point or Lake Erie and beyond ! The addition of the Waterfowling Forum was and still is an important place for those of us that hunt ducks/geese and the Shots Fired for all the other hunting that goes on in the area has rounded out this site so that a sportsman/woman has access to the best website ever !

Kudos to you Stomp !

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks